What could cause my Acer B1-730 w/ Android 4.4.2 to go black screen but still on?

A

AC Question

Ok, so my tablet goes black screen but still on (apps, games, videos, etc. and sounds still play but display is gone) and lighted (like high contrast) yet still response to touch which causes me to press the power button to turn it off (not power off but sleep... I guess?) then once more to bring back the screen. Sometimes it does this within secs in between then at times it will happen mins in between. I have tried factory reset many times but to no avail. I even updated. So could cause this behavior? Is it hardware issue in which I need to get fixed/replaced or am I a derp and is something simple? Thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so my tablet goes black screen but still on (apps, games, videos, etc. and sounds still play but display is gone) and lighted (like high contrast) yet still response to touch which causes me to press the power button to turn it off (not power off but sleep... I guess?) then once more to bring back the screen. Sometimes it does this within secs in between then at times it will happen mins in between. I have tried factory reset many times but to no avail. I even updated. So could cause this behavior? Is it hardware issue in which I need to get fixed/replaced or am I a derp and is something simple? Thanks.

Welcome to Android Central!

Could be a hardware issue, maybe the display ribbon as come lose or the display is going bad. Is there a repair center near you that you can take it to?