Having problems downloading apps from the Google Play Store with new tablet

A

AC Question

Hi folks. I've recently purchased a cheap and (not so) cheerful Android Tablet (AdTab 10 Lite on Android KitKat). I've managed to get it connected to my WiFi and have a strong signal according to the Wireless Icon, as a result I can browse the net but I am having some issues with the Google Play Store. My initial problem was being unable to download apps from the store. I followed some guides on youtube to try and remedy (clearing data / cache etc, removing / re-adding my google acc) but I'm seemingly going backwards! I continuously receive this message now - 'Couldn't sign in' - Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care.

I hear the 'term' rooted being mentioned a lot, I don't pretent to know what this truly means other than having more priviledges as to what can be done on the device. I 'think' the device has been rooted but wouldn't know for sure.

If anyone can assist me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45