Galaxy S6 questions: swapping screens and lock screen

A

AC Question

Hi,
I'm the proud owner of a new GS6 (coming from a GS3) and as it happens there are a few things that I can't do anymore or that I find annoying with the new phone. If anyone can help me with those, that'd be great.

1/ on my GS3 when I was going from screen to screen (or page, I don't know what they're actually called) on my phone to look for apps and widgets, I could just "circle around", meaning if I have 3 "screens" of apps/widgets, I would go from scr1 to scr2 and then scr3 and back to scr1 ... Now on the GS6 (don't know if the phone or the new OS is responsible for that though) I go scr1, scr2, scr3 and I'm stuck ... to go back to scr1 I need to go scr3, scr2, scr1. Not terrible, but annoying. Any workaround or fix for this?

2/ to lock my phone (mandatory for my company) I have chosen a PIN but I find the PIN number pad pretty small so I've looked around for other "lock screen" apps with bigger number pads, there are plenty out there, but so far I haven't found any that behaves like the stock one; on my latest attempt, when my wake-up alarm rang this morning, I had to type my PIN to be able to stop the alarm ... very annoying. Does anyone know of a good lock screen app with proper behavior?

Thanks in advance.
PSG

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Lots of changes on the S6 compared to the S3

1 - the new Touchwiz does not allow you to continuously scroll through all the home pages.
2 - can you use the finger print to unlock instead?

PSG_Berry

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply OceanView.
So I guess there's no workaround for the home page ... oh well.
As for the lock screen, I'm not keen on putting my fingerprints out there just yet so I'd rather stick to pattern or PIN and I find PIN better.