HTC One M9 Poor Cellular Reception -- Any fix for this?

A

AC Question

Hey All,

I've been running into a really frustrating problem with my HTC One M9. For whatever reason, in my home office I get absolutely terrible (as in, unusable for calls) cellular reception. Here are some additional details:

* I'm on AT&T
* Prior to this phone, I had an HTC One M7, which had zero problems placing / receiving calls in this same room
* My wife has an iPhone 5 also on AT&T and can place calls anywhere throughout our apartment
* In our apartment, I can literally ONLY have a conversation with someone if the phone is within about 2 feet of our sliding door leading outside.

This problem is starting to get more and more unbearable, to the point where I need to find a solution. I tried a few searches but couldn't come up with much of anything.

My question to you all is -- is this a common problem? Or is it possible there is something wrong going on with my phone. I'm wondering if this is something that the warranty might cover?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that that degree of variation from one device to another is normal. You may have a defective device.

Supermario555

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have an M9 with Sprint. I get very bad cell signal in my home. Its not your individual phone. I know this thread is old but wanted to let you know anyway. My wife has a Samsung galaxy and my daughter an Iphone both also on Spring and they get good cell signal. It appears to be the cell radio on the M9.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an M9 with Sprint. I get very bad cell signal in my home. Its not your individual phone. I know this thread is old but wanted to let you know anyway. My wife has a Samsung galaxy and my daughter an Iphone both also on Spring and they get good cell signal. It appears to be the cell radio on the M9.

Welcome as a new member. :)

I’ll move the thread to the M9 forum, where other users may comment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo