Tap to Speak Box Turned White?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
For some reason the color on the tap-to-speak box changed to white. Now I can't see anything on it (see attached pic). It used to be this dark grey. Anyone know how I can change the color back?

Screenshot_2016-03-22-20-29-52.png

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You're not by chance using high contrast or any accessibility features? Beyond that I'm not finding anything related to this or settings that could affect this. What about keyboards? Could it be caused by a theme there or a new keyboard you recently installed?

Posted via the Android Central App

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
No high contrast or anything. I am using the Nova Launcher, but no keyboard UIs. I turned off Nova and went back to the stock Samsung launcher and the problem was still there. So I'm not sure what's causing it.

lakecharles

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
my wifes phone tap to talk screen turned white last week and my phone
turned white today. we have 2 different phones from 2 different manufacturers.
it might be a google issue what with all their freaking updates all the time.
please let me know if anyone figures out how to fix it, it is very aggravating
trying to text.

Megalomando

May 3, 2016
Visit site
i have this exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy 4. The photo at the top is exactly what I have been dealing with. I've contacted straight talk and they want to reset my phone. I've done a hard reset on it and this problem persists. Its obvious that this is not a defect in my phone as it happened about the same time as everyone else had their problem. I tried to contact Google but they make it seemingly impossible to reach a human. The Straight talk rep I talked with today tried but had no answer, just said they would escalate the problem to a superior and to call back tomorrow on a different phone. I've done the hard reset and they claim to have no record of this problem. - So aggravating, I can't use this at night, its like I have a flashlight on my face every time I use the speech to text option. - Other than shooting this phone and going with a different phone, I don't know what to do. If I get a new Android phone and this happens again, I still have no solution what to do then. I posted this problem on Android Forums and others have the same problem http://androidforums.com/threads/speech-area-is-now-white.1012356/ so this is a genuine bug that Android/Google hasn't addressed.

Pazzaz

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I did reboot and it changed to white by itself. I did figure out how to get the keyboard gray. It didn't change the tap to speak screen. Still white on white

7/8/16

i have this exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy 4. The photo at the top is exactly what I have been dealing with. I've contacted straight talk and they want to reset my phone. I've done a hard reset on it and this problem persists. Its obvious that this is not a defect in my phone as it happened about the same time as everyone else had their problem. I tried to contact Google but they make it seemingly impossible to reach a human. The Straight talk rep I talked with today tried but had no answer, just said they would escalate the problem to a superior and to call back tomorrow on a different phone. I've done the hard reset and they claim to have no record of this problem. - So aggravating, I can't use this at night, its like I have a flashlight on my face every time I use the speech to text option. - Other than shooting this phone and going with a different phone, I don't know what to do. If I get a new Android phone and this happens again, I still have no solution what to do then. I posted this problem on Android Forums and others have the same problem http://androidforums.com/threads/speech-area-is-now-white.1012356/ so this is a genuine bug that Android/Google hasn't addressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus