ransfer ALL contents from a One Plus Two to Laptop , WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE?

A

AC Question

I am getting a new One Plus Two in about a week's time. But before that I will be disposing off my old one. As such I want to Transfer all my Content like contacts,photos,videos,chats,Messages Except default applications, which I cannot, to My Laptop (with Windows 10).This will enable me to restore all these in my New Phone whenever I get the same..Is it possible to do so without any software? If so how to doit? If not which software is recommended.
Thanks
ashokad71

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not entirely. The contacts will sync to the new phone if you put it on the same Google (not Gmail) account as the old one - you don't have to do anything, except to make sure that all your contacts are Google contacts and are synced. (If they're not, export them to a file, then import that file as Google contacts, then sync.)

Photos and videos you can copy (you should always copy as soon as you get them) to your laptop. Just drag (from the phone) and drop (to the laptop). Chats usually can't be transferred - it depends on the chat app you're using. You can transfer messages using SMS Backup & Restore.

ashokad71

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I just want to thank Rukbat for the guidance.
However being a layman, I could not understood the phrase " except to make sure thatall your contacts are Google contacts and are synced."
My G mail account is linked with all other Google a/cs. So How to do this and also How ti synced, the same.
Also all my photos/Videos are saved in "Quick PIC" and "PHOTOS" folders. How to transfer entire folders to my Laptop?
Thanks
ashokd71

Last edited:

ashokad71

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I just want to thank Rukbat for the guidance.
However being a layman, I could not understood the phrase " except to make sure thatall your contacts are Google contacts and are synced."
My G mail account is linked with all other Google a/cs. So How to do this and also How ti synced, the same.
Also all my photos/Videos are saved in "Quick PIC" and "PHOTOS" folders. How to transfer entire folders to my Laptop?
Thanks
ashokd71