How to prevent connecting to neighbors network extender?

A

AC Question

In certain rooms of my house, my HTC One m8 will automatically connect to someone's network extender in the area. The extender it picks up has a horrific signal, and also drops calls if I leave the certain rooms that pick up the signal. My Verizon signal is perfectly fine when not connected to this extender.

I have no idea which neighbor's it may be.

How do I prevent my phone from randomly connecting to this extender automatically?

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I recommend turning off any feature that causes your phone to connect to open WiFi networks automatically. It is far too easy for someone to setup a WiFi network and then scrape all the data that comes across it. If it is connecting to your neighbor's WiFi because you have previously set it up in your device, and you don't have a WiFi network of your own, then there is not much you can do besides turn off WiFi.

cohall

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
All,

I appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. It's not a WiFi network that's the problem. The phone is connecting to a verizon mobile network range extender (not wifi, but the actual mobile network), instead of connecting directly to a verizon tower.

I need to prevent the phone from this random range extender.