Can you be sued over a trade of a cellphone?

A

AC Question

I trade this women a iPhone 5s to Asus on my mommy facebook because I didn't have a facebook. She messages my mommy facebook on the 19th into 20th saying the phone had a dent(she know there was dent before she left my place) I never notice the dent on the phone. The phone work before she got it and now she said the phone doesn't work now. She trying to get me pay her $200 or she's going to sue me.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I doubt it. It sounds like she's trying to scare money out of you. Unless there were papers involved (legally binding or not) in the transaction, she cannot prove you traded her the phone, and therefore cannot claim a lawsuit.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I trade this women a iPhone 5s to Asus on my mommy facebook because I didn't have a facebook. She messages my mommy facebook on the 19th into 20th saying the phone had a dent(she know there was dent before she left my place) I never notice the dent on the phone. The phone work before she got it and now she said the phone doesn't work now. She trying to get me pay her $200 or she's going to sue me.

No one is going to sue you over a cell phone trade and a DENT. It wouldn't even make it to court. and by the sounds of it, you are well under 18.
The trade was done and there were no complaints at the time, so she has no case. Any judge would laugh at this woman and her claims. Sounds like she is just trying to get money out of you.

anon(10221734)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I message her asking if I can see prove of the eBay purchase of her phone and prove the phone don't work. She got upset and said she just going to let her lawyer take care of it. I still don't have prove of the purchase of the phone she trade me or if the iPhone is broken.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I message her asking if I can see prove of the eBay purchase of her phone and prove the phone don't work. She got upset and said she just going to let her lawyer take care of it. I still don't have prove of the purchase of the phone she trade me or if the iPhone is broken.

Best advice.

Block her, and ignore her. Or you can call her bluff. Tell her your lawyer is requesting that you no longer speak to her, and you request her to provide her lawyers contact info so yours can contact hers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez