My phone has a battery level screen pop up the will not reduce and has locked my screen?

A

AC Question

I was watching twitch on my phone the battery hit 25% and the pop with battery saving suggestions randomly popped up. I have never used a battery saving app so I don't know where this came from. I tried to minimize it and even tried to hold the power button down to crash the phone. I am presently stuck waiting for the battery to die as I cannot click on anything behind or around this pop up, thus it has locked my screen. Is there anything I can do?

jamis00

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Same thing. I think we accidentally downloaded some malware.
Do you guys also get that strange notification about the vibration alert when you plug the charger in and you have to tap 'I got it' on the dialogue box?

Wombatish

May 14, 2017
Visit site
This is Peel Smart Remote (both the silence and battery popups).

My fiance got it for the first time today and I'd never seen anything like it so I googled a bit. Just turned off the settings for it and disabled the app for him (it's a system app and he's not rooted or I'd have uninstalled it).

This app was annoying before, but this is a whole new level of dumb/annoying.

He's an s5 active on AT&T, started today.
I'm a Note 4 on Sprint, haven't seen it yet (but I've disabled Peel before, though it likes to reactivate).

And he's still on MM, so it's not N.

Hat tip to this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/6arkf6/what_is_this_battery_level_at_25_popup/

Mick26

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Wtf?

I'm french guys, and i have the same problem that you. And we all have that almost the same day. Can somebody make a kind of tutorial for remove it? i have to wait too!
Only i can get off of the vibrate mod, auto rotate and brightness :mad:

EDIT : if you really have to use your phone, you can still try to hold the down volume button, the lock button and the center button. It should stop the phone. I did not try because it's better to set it off using the normal way so, i'm still waiting. but ias i said, if you really have to use your phone, you can still try :/

bobbintb1

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
This is Peel Smart Remote (both the silence and battery popups).

My fiance got it for the first time today and I'd never seen anything like it so I googled a bit. Just turned off the settings for it and disabled the app for him (it's a system app and he's not rooted or I'd have uninstalled it).

This app was annoying before, but this is a whole new level of dumb/annoying.

He's an s5 active on AT&T, started today.
I'm a Note 4 on Sprint, haven't seen it yet (but I've disabled Peel before, though it likes to reactivate).

And he's still on MM, so it's not N.

Hat tip to this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/6arkf6/what_is_this_battery_level_at_25_popup/

Ah, I stand corrected. I hadn't installed any new apps but I didn't think about a self updating app. I might just uninstall it. It's not as good as it used to be.

Sam_Ji_Sung

May 16, 2017
Visit site
This same thing just happened to me on my Samsgung Galaxys6! How very strange, will be disabling the peel smart remote.

Yes, eitiher wait for battery to finish or hold the off button and the volume down button together for 10 seconds - it will power down and reset.

Madness I tell you, madness.

LauraJaneYule

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue right now but don't have Peel Smart Remote. What can I do. My phone isn't charging until it's dead which is really not ideal! Having been on other forums people have said it's an issue with my USB port and it's not!