Help! Mobile hotspot thru Verizon sucks since the Nougat upgrade!

A

AC Question

The functionality of my mobile hotspot was pretty much destroyed when Verizon upgraded my Note 5 to Nougat. I use my hotspot for EVERYTHING because I am grandfathered into an unlimited plan that I DO NOT want to give up...even paid full price for my Note to keep it! My Roku streaming stick and box no longer work (they worked great with Marshmallow) and streaming movies on Netflix or Amazon is hit or miss depending on the time of day...constant buffering. I can no longer connect to more than one device (I could run 4 or more with Marshmallow) because the bandwidth is so limited. I contacted Roku directly and all they could tell me is that their products are not designed to work with a mobile hotspot, which is a crock! I know better from experience! I'm so frustrated that I'm about to have a home network reinstalled and get rid of my mobile hotspot, but I'll NEVER give up my unlimited data plan. I considered trying to downgrade my Note 5 to Marshmallow, but I'm not techie enough to do so without risking the destruction of my phone. Is anyone out there having similar issues? And, if so, I love to hear about any solutions you've found. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress