Trouble with Android File Transfer to Mac ONLY with accessing SD Card.

dolomite93

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, I have been using Android File Transfer to move photos onto my Macbook. Recently, when doing this, connecting up fine, and then clicking to change to the SD card files, I get the spinning beach ball of death for a few seconds usually, but not always, and then the app says, "Can't access device storage. If your device's screen is locked. . . " etc. Yet, I can see the file structure behind the pop up window.

The screen is not locked. I can access all the files in the phone directly before switching to "card"

Tried a different cable, just in case, exactly the same.

Tried reinstalling AFT application on mac. No change.

Not having any other trouble with SD card.

Thoughts? Help? I can pull the SD card out and use a reader for it, but not something I want to do over and over again.

dpbsmith

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am having the exact same problem, exactly as dolomite93 described it--so much so that when I read the posting I thought for a second that I'd posted about it and forgotten my post. I have not been able to solve it. Some things that didn't work: restart phone; reseat SD card; move all SD-resident apps back to internal storage.

I also, so far, have not been able to find a replacement for Android File Transfer. Everything that looks promising turns out to be, not direct file transfers, but things that try to synchronize two different devices using the cloud, or something like that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
About the only time that should happen is if the card is installed as internal(adoptable) storage, but as I understand it, Samsung doesn't implement that - SD cards are only portable storage, so they should be visible on a computer.

But you could try removing the card from the phone, putting it into a USB adapter and plugging that into the computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress