Changing brightness

Theo Donacik

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
So just today I have started having this problem where my galaxy s7's brightness will randomly jump to 50%, which for my house is usually way too bright. Does anyone know what to do?
Edit: Never mind I found the problem, I had experimental backlight control turned on in Twilight (a bluelight filter app I use)

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So just today I have started having this problem where my galaxy s7's brightness will randomly jump to 50%, which for my house is usually way too bright. Does anyone know what to do?
Edit: Never mind I found the problem, I had experimental backlight control turned on in Twilight (a bluelight filter app I use)
Why not just the built in blue light filter? I use Twilight on my other phones, but in an AMOLED device with the built in BLF, it uses up more battery. The built in BLF only affects the active pixels. However, Twilight puts a red cast even over the black pixels. So instead of them being actually black and turned off (when using the built in BLF) they're on with a slight red tinge when using Twilight.