I have an LG G5 which is currently running out of space (no SD card in place). So as I was transferring photos and music in and out I noticed that the free space that is listed in the settings menu of the phone (1 GB left) is different when I check it on my PC (644 MB left). Is it supposed to be like that? I usually like to fill my phone to the brim with music & episodes so every MB counts.
    12-17-2017 09:47 PM
    The phone only sees the pseudo-hard drive space, the phone sees all of user space. The phone is probably more correct. But the phone needs about 800MB free for its own use, so you only have about 200MB of usable space at the moment. Keep transferring more. (Copy and paste, don't move - a move that blows in the middle leaves you no file, a copy/paste that blows in the middle leaves the original intact. Once you've confirmed that the copy is good, you can delete the original on the phone.)

And any apps that you don't actually use, and aren't system apps, you can back up (App Backup & Restore gives you .apk files, so you can reinstall them if/when you need them) and uninstall, to get more space.
    12-19-2017 05:34 PM