Galaxy S7: Can't open media with Android Photos app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey guys, hope someone can help me out.
I've recently found that after taking a photo or video, the camera app crashes when I click on the thumbnail icon on the bottom right corner. Then when I try to edit or play those media files using the Photos app, it says 'file not found'.

I've tried unmounting and remounting my SD card, but that didn't do anything, in fact it made some of my media files disappear from the Photos app.

I can access, open and play all my media from 'My Files', even the ones that no longer show up in my Photos app.

It's pretty annoying, so if anyone has a fix for this, that would be great.

The phone is a Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this only happen when you try to save photos to the SD card? If so, the card is probably corrupt or defective. Try a different card. Remember, SD cards are inherently less reliable than onboard storage.

RobAF

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this only happen when you try to save photos to the SD card? If so, the card is probably corrupt or defective. Try a different card. Remember, SD cards are inherently less reliable than onboard storage.

Hi, thanks for the reply. No I tried saving to the device but the same problem occurred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress