LeEco S3 Pro Won't Charge unless plugged into a Computer

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Yeah I know it's not the best phone and due to recent events the customer services are now gone, or atleast gone from what I can find/read. My phone has had charging issues on and off for a few months now, the core issue was that it would only charge when it was off. Recently I went to pick my phone up after plugging it in and it was Hot, too hot to touch, I unplugged both it and the cable from the USB/Outlet adapter that came with the phone. I figured I'd charge it tomorrow with the Battery pack/ Separate cable that I had at work. It would not charge on or off, I figured I'd let it die as sometimes that would do the trick - it still didn't, In a last ditch effort I figured what the heck and plugged it into a PC and it started charging. It charges both on and off when plugged into a PC and I'm not sure why that makes a difference. I will note that I tried the charging USB/Outlet adapter with my second cable and it heated up drastically as well so I'm guessing it may be the wall block but don't want to replace it without a second opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87