How do u uninstall the smart cleaner app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Adds keep popping up when I'm watching a vid or going through Facebook. I can't find the smart cleaner in my apps, preventing me from deleting it.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which phone?
Which version of android?
Which carrier?
Which "smart cleaner" app?

If the smart cleaner came with the phone, it is probably not the problem, and you probably cannot uninstall it but only disable it.

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
Which phone?
Which version of android?
Which carrier?
Which "smart cleaner" app?

If the smart cleaner came with the phone, it is probably not the problem, and you probably cannot uninstall it but only disable it.

I have the same problem. My version of Android: 8.1.0; Carrier: T-Mobile; App: Smart Cleaning, version 7.0.9.

I can Force Stop the app, but it only restarts each time it scans my phone. When that happens, it pops up an advertisement first. I cannot get this stupid thing to uninstall.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. My version of Android: 8.1.0; Carrier: T-Mobile; App: Smart Cleaning, version 7.0.9.

I can Force Stop the app, but it only restarts each time it scans my phone. When that happens, it pops up an advertisement first. I cannot get this stupid thing to uninstall.
Welcome to the forums. As ManiacJoe said, is this an app that came preinstalled or did you download it from the Play Store? What phone do you have?

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
Hmm. When I go the App Info page for that app in my settings, all that I see are the Disable and Force Stop buttons (Disable greyed out), and nothing to let me select the option to have cleaning run. When the ad appears, I can close the ad, but the page for cleaning appears right after it, which is why I am let to believe that the ad is associated with the app.

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
Take a look at that guide I linked before. In my experience using the running services in the Developer Options is the quickest way to find the culprit.

I looked at the Guide you provided and went into the Developer Options, Running Services sections, but could not find anything out of the ordinary. I would still welcome other suggestions.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The stock OEM Smart Cleaning app should not be sending ads, so there's a couple things to check.

First, make sure you're seeing the OEM app or one of the mirea myriad of similarly named apps in the Play store.

To access the OEM app, you go into the main phone settings, and you'll see the Smart Cleaning as one of the options. Select that as it'll bring you to its cleaning options. Tap the menu button at the top right to access the app settings. Under notification, is it set to never? If so, then we can rule that app out as the culprit.

Go to the Play store and check your installed apps. Look for anything named similar to the Smart Cleaning app. I.e. Smart Cleaner, Smart Cleaning by _____, Smart Clean, etc. Chances are that is the problem app.

If that doesn't work, wait until the ad pops up again and press the recent apps button before you clear the ad out. In the list, the most recent app would be the culprit. Press and hold the app icon on the left side of that "card" in the recent list. That would change the "X" in the upper right to an "i". Tap the "i" and it'll take you to the app's entry in the application manager, which should confirm the culprit.

Let us know what you find and if it gets you on the right track to removing the ads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress