Home Badges say I have 2 messages but I only have 1

jeffkics

Sep 27, 2019
Visit site
Home Screen Icons, Messages and Text Messages, when a message or text comes in the Icon shows the number 2. I press the icon and it brings me to the app where it says i have 1, and indeed there is only 1 message or text. The home screen icons are showing incorrect badge numbers. Its like the home screen icon 1 is missing.

I have tried clearing cache and data from badgeapp

I have a Note 8

Last edited:

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're referring to the messages icon count specifically, it could be that you have an old message in your conversation list that you haven't read. I had this issue and when I scrolled down my conversation, there was an old Unread message. Or on the conversation page of your messages app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, then tap "Mark All As Read" and it should clear your icon count back to zero.

jeffkics

Sep 27, 2019
Visit site
No unread messages in either. Happens on both TEXT and EMAIL icons only on Home screen. in the apps themselves it shows correct unread on top once i read it the icon on the home screen resets

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If that doesn't work, then go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and look for BadgeProvider (or something similar). Clear the cache/data from that app, then see if those faulty badges go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress