Help on rooting new transformer ICS update>>

ivyleaguer

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello all:

I just received my new transformer and updated it to Android 4.0.3 build 9.4.2.21

I just realized I cannot root it now.

I successfully unlocked the device and made a copy of my rom, but now I am stuck without knowing how to root. Is there any program that will root this build, or do I have to patiently wait?

Thank you.

anon(3415124)

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Give it some time for help. There are some really smart people on here that can help (I'm not one of them), just give them a chance to get online and see your post. You'll get some help I'm sure.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dbattenfl

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My research found that Asus closed the hole that was used to gain root in the latest update. So build number 9.4.2.21 cant be rooted with the current method and another method has not yet been found.

Older version numbers such as 9.4.2.17 can be downloaded from the Asus site after signing in, but I dont know if a downgrade is possible. Have not tried or researched it.

There is a hacked flash that is pre rooted based on 9.4.2.21, but you will have to unlock the boot loader first which will void the warranty. I can live without root, for now atleast, so I am just waiting. I see no need to void the warranty of my week old my TF-201 just yet.

ivyleaguer

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
My transformer is unlocked already. The new build did not stop me from unlocking it or backing it up with recovery clockwork.

Where can I get that pre rooted flash, and has it been tested to work 100 percent?

ivyleaguer

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
My research found that Asus closed the hole that was used to gain root in the latest update. So build number 9.4.2.21 cant be rooted with the current method and another method has not yet been found.

Older version numbers such as 9.4.2.17 can be downloaded from the Asus site after signing in, but I dont know if a downgrade is possible. Have not tried or researched it.

There is a hacked flash that is pre rooted based on 9.4.2.21, but you will have to unlock the boot loader first which will void the warranty. I can live without root, for now atleast, so I am just waiting. I see no need to void the warranty of my week old my TF-201 just yet.

I kind of agree with you here, I will wait for a fully functional root for build 9.4.2.21, no sense in screwing up my prime right now, I just got it !

Your help was invaluable, and I hope they come out with an expoloit to root this build shortly.

Thanks.