Micro SD speed

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
So it looks like the micro sd slot is only for media.

So since apps are not going to the sd, a high speed sd isn't necessary right?

I just bought a class 10 lexar 32GB, but I kinda feel like such speed is a waste since only videos and music will go on it.

SlickMoney

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
All depends on the quality of the movies you copy to it. If they have a high bitrate, the faster speed of the class 10 card will make sure you have smooth playback.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Class 10 is overkill.

You would have to be encoding your videos at a pretty high data rate to overpower even a class 4 card (assuming the card actually meets its rating and the tablet is not slowing down the transfer.) This might be worthwhile if you?re intending to plug the tablet into a TV to watch on a much bigger screen, but you?d just be wasting space if you?re going to watch it on the tablet.

That said, it will make transferring of videos and audio to/from the tablet much quicker.

-Suntan

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If I have a video/TV problem I'll just transfer the video from SD to internal storage to watch on TV. I don't anticipate doing this often and I would do it in advance such as before leaving in a trip.

brandonpaz

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a class 4 card, and I wanted to be able to play my h.264 videos and plug them into an hdmi cable to put on my plasma.

If I use the native player, it plays back beautifully but with out any sound.

If I use rock player lite, I get sound, but the video is choppy. A friend has a faster card and I want to run a few tests to see if this has anything to do with my slot micro SD card.

Brandon

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a class 4 card, and I wanted to be able to play my h.264 videos and plug them into an hdmi cable to put on my plasma.

If I use the native player, it plays back beautifully but with out any sound.

If I use rock player lite, I get sound, but the video is choppy. A friend has a faster card and I want to run a few tests to see if this has anything to do with my slot micro SD card.

Brandon

The first test you should do is to transfer the movie over to the onboard memory on the tablet and then play it. If it plays smoothly, then you can point towards the SD card being a possible bottleneck.

-Suntan

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So it looks like the micro sd slot is only for media.

So since apps are not going to the sd, a high speed sd isn't necessary right?

I just bought a class 10 lexar 32GB, but I kinda feel like such speed is a waste since only videos and music will go on it.

I was thinking about getting a 32GB Class 10 microSDHC card as well. Are the videos playing smooth for you on that card? Any issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non