Issues charging a USB device from keyboard

Ryan Walter

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the keyboard attachment to the tf300, and I can't seem to figure out how to charge my phone via USB without having the tablet screen on. If I turn the tablet screen off, either by pressing the power button or closing the tablet/keyboard, the phone stops charging. Is there a work around to this that I just haven't thought of? Thanks in advance.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It usually means that the usb ports are turning off when the screen shuts off because the device is going into a sleep state.

There may be a setting on the device that allows for the usb to stay awake, but I am sure the manufacturer meant it that way to save battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It usually means that the usb ports are turning off when the screen shuts off because the device is going into a sleep state.

There may be a setting on the device that allows for the usb to stay awake, but I am sure the manufacturer meant it that way to save battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

He's right. If you desperately need to charge your phone, change a few settings:
Display always on
Power saving mode
Brightness lowest possible.
Doing that I was able to get a decent charge to my Gnex before the tablet died. If you find another solution, feel free to share! :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2