Two issues - Bluetooth eating battery and random DND mode

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So, loving my ZW3. Having two issues, wondering if anyone else is seeing these:

1. Every now and then, probably once every two weeks at most, my ZW3's battery will start burning at four times the usual. When I check the watch battery stats, I see that Bluetooth is the #1 user of the battery. Normally it's way down the list. The only way to resolve it is to restart both the ZW3 and the phone.

2. The ZW3 sometimes goes into DND mode for no good reason that I can see. It's very intermittent.

Otherwise, I can't think of any other issues.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Do not disturb? I get that periodically because I accidentally bump the bottom button. I've since changed that out of eco mode.

As to ferocious battery consumption: I had that periodically on my Moto 360. The watch would actually get hot. Generally rebooting the watch and/or the phone solved this. It appears to just be an anomaly in Android Wear. The good news with the Moto 360 is that I could just plop the phone on any Qi wireless charger, of which I have plenty. Not so good with the Asus since there are no available extra chargers right now.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Do not disturb? I get that periodically because I accidentally bump the bottom button. I've since changed that out of eco mode.

As to ferocious battery consumption: I had that periodically on my Moto 360. The watch would actually get hot. Generally rebooting the watch and/or the phone solved this. It appears to just be an anomaly in Android Wear. The good news with the Moto 360 is that I could just plop the phone on any Qi wireless charger, of which I have plenty. Not so good with the Asus since there are no available extra chargers right now.

Hmmm... I have my bottom button set to open Settings. So, that's not it. I think it's just general wonkiness that hopefully a firmware update will resolve.

Regarding battery life, I was thinking it could be Android Wear related and not the ZW3 itself. Agreed about the accessories, Asus needs to get those out the door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38