Funny: "jailbroken" Nook Color listed on eBay for >$350

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
I know being listed on eBay doesn't mean they'll actually sell, but it's perhaps interesting to note that there are more than a few auctions for "jailbroken" Nook Color devices on eBay for up to $415.

Then again, there seem to be people listing plain Nook Color devices (unrooted) on eBay for $299 for exactly what you can get at B&N for $249.

There's a sucker born every minute...and two to take him.

Last edited:

thamenacing1

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Amazon is selling them for $298, but they have them in stock. B&N has a 2 week wait for them.

I thought that too, but I was able to walk into the store and buy one off the shelf. They are pimping it hard in the stores too. You can barely walk in without them jumping on you to buy one.

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
I thought that too, but I was able to walk into the store and buy one off the shelf. They are pimping it hard in the stores too. You can barely walk in without them jumping on you to buy one.

Ja, the stores around here (Denver-ish) have kiosks and people just about flinging them at you. I just wish the management would post nicer people to those spots -- the last one I tried to talk to was pretty rude when I tried to get some details.

And I'm shocked -- shocked -- that Amazon would sell a product competing with their Kindle for more than retail.

(Note: in case you didn't know, a "kindle" is a collective term for a group of kittens...which makes me feel even creepier about their product and wondering what it's made out of.)

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Amazon is selling them for $298, but they have them in stock. B&N has a 2 week wait for them.

Interesting. I picked mine up a few days after Christmas at Best Buy for $249. They had a ton of them left at that point. Pretty impressive if they managed to sell out and actually have a wait for them now.