[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

skapp02

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Did the flashable zip last night with out much issue.

Nook frooze up after the 3 formats which freaked me out a bit. Got it to reboot and ran the install and had Honeycomb installed and running after reboot.

I did have a market issue where it wouldn't download anything. I followed the instructions in the initial post about force stop and data wipe and it fixed it.

So far so good! Can't wait for an official release of Honeycomb to be ported over :)

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
skapp02: My market won't download anything either... what specifically did you wipe? I tried clearing the market cache under 'manage apps' and force stopping it, but neither helped.

Thanks,
- Phil

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
skapp02: My market won't download anything either... what specifically did you wipe? I tried clearing the market cache under 'manage apps' and force stopping it, but neither helped.

So I found a site that said clear the data from the Google Services Framework app, which I did, and then apps would download again... but only 2 then it stopped.

When I once again cleared the GSF data, the market stopped being able to launch altogether. It says "An error has occurred. Please try again later" every time I launch it, and then closes.

I've tried rebooting to no affect... anyone know how I can unbreak it?

samuelhalff

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
You do realize this ZIP is outdated. There is a 2nd edition which fixes most of the bugs mentioned above.
See XDA original thread..

The OP should check for updates..

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

remyz

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Need a little help. Honeycomb working well. Just one issue. When I go online to yahoo and try to sign in to one of my yahoo emails the screen flashes back to my home screen. What happened??

skapp02

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So I found a site that said clear the data from the Google Services Framework app, which I did, and then apps would download again... but only 2 then it stopped.

When I once again cleared the GSF data, the market stopped being able to launch altogether. It says "An error has occurred. Please try again later" every time I launch it, and then closes.

I've tried rebooting to no affect... anyone know how I can unbreak it?
I followed the steps below from the original post on how to install to eMMC

* If you have problems downloading from the Market, under Settings, go to Applications>Manage Applications>Google Services Framework - and choose wipe data and force stop. Still under Manage Applications, choose Market, and force stop. Then reboot and see if it works.

intently

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just installed and stuff seems to be working well.

One question: under Settings->Storage->Internal Storage only 0.92GB shows for total space. Shouldn't the NC have a lot more than that?

Thanks for all the awesome work!

POKeefe

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a little heads up, but a flashlight app caused a complete crash and I had to do a fresh reformat. Just make sure to avoid certain apps.

robbyrobaz

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with market in this build? it won't display the home screen, but i can search to my heart's desire

Ya. I'm having problems with market, it looks like it's working but only actually installs a few apps. I was only able to install angry birds. Other apps like Quadrant Standard and almost all other apps don't download and install. :'(

jaymzh

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

coolVariable

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ya. I'm having problems with market, it looks like it's working but only actually installs a few apps. I was only able to install angry birds. Other apps like Quadrant Standard and almost all other apps don't download and install. :'(

Yeah - market is "wonky"
It installs apps but does not show them in the list for "my apps"
Overall this is very close ... though I feel like HC from SD card has less issue (but is obviously really slow in comparison)

smiley4017

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This build seems to be more unstable than the previous one. I have everything working just right on the first build, there is no way I am flashing this one.