[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
OK I got HC running on the eMMC of NC.

Questions:

* Is the honeycomb taskbar supposed to be visible even at games and video playback? That's seriously broken.

* The market doesn't work 90% of the time but I use a different phone to download the apk. However, the touch screen is really not accurate. I think it gets worse after 1 hour. I suspect its the over heating. Does the 2.2 build give a better touch screen responds?

* Does google map work for you guys? It doesn't zoom it, no matter what pinch gesture I use it zooms out.

EvoUserXXX

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I finally got everything working. The market is working as well, but for certain apps it downloads 100% and then it gives me "insufficient storage" like for the nook app, google reader, tdbank etc.

But for other apps it gets to 100% and installs just fine. Is there a way to bypass this insufficient storage problem? I installed everything the way detailed on the first page doing it internally. I also have a empty 4gb micro sd card in there in case I need to use it to bypass this problem. PLEASE HELP!

n3tguru

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My install worked nearly perfectly. Thanks. But, Major loss.. Angry birds didn't restore from Titanium Backup and when I try to reinstall from the Market it throws a "Installation Error, Unknown reason - 18" Oh NOOOOO. I want my birds.

Has anyone gotten this? Workarounds or just live with it till next update to HC ?

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My install worked nearly perfectly. Thanks. But, Major loss.. Angry birds didn't restore from Titanium Backup and when I try to reinstall from the Market it throws a "Installation Error, Unknown reason - 18" Oh NOOOOO. I want my birds.

Has anyone gotten this? Workarounds or just live with it till next update to HC ?

Yes just been dealing with it so far. Tried many things none work.

Texanaviator

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking around for a solution to get Flash and YouTube working on this thing.... Any solid leads? Or should I just wait to root again once the final version is available?

BrianRH

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
To at least get Angry Birds Seasons installed I found a post that suggested removing your SD card, rebooting, then installing the app from the market, reinstalling the SD and a final reboot. This has worked for me for all apps that are throwing the "unknown reason - 18" error. Hope it helps anyone experiencing this problem.

philn

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking around for a solution to get Flash and YouTube working on this thing.... Any solid leads? Or should I just wait to root again once the final version is available?

flash 10.1 doesnt support tablets according to adobe so you have to wait until 10.2 before you get flash working. And it was just posted that the Motorola Zoom available on Thursday and comes with Oem Honeycomb installed will not have working flash until sometime in Spring 2011.

Last edited:

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

cnega

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
does installing Honeycomb mean the end of being able to access my own nookbooks forever?

edit: sorry stupid post. Actually had no idea there was a nook reader app in the android market. I'm sure once all the bugs are figured out I'll be able to use that instead.

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
does installing Honeycomb mean the end of being able to access my own nookbooks forever?

edit: sorry stupid post. Actually had no idea there was a nook reader app in the android market. I'm sure once all the bugs are figured out I'll be able to use that instead.

you wont have magazines, newspapers, or kids picture books...just normal books...thats why i just have a class 10 card for my other os's

JGravitas

May 20, 2010
Visit site
you wont have magazines, newspapers, or kids picture books...just normal books...thats why i just have a class 10 card for my other os's

I'm running Honeycomb on my rooted NC, and although I don't use the Nook app to read my books (Moon+ reader right now), I always assumed that I could use that app to download and read anything that the original Nook Color implementation could. That's not true? What don't I have access to that I need in order to view magazines, newspapers, etc.?

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Honeycomb on my rooted NC, and although I don't use the Nook app to read my books (Moon+ reader right now), I always assumed that I could use that app to download and read anything that the original Nook Color implementation could. That's not true? What don't I have access to that I need in order to view magazines, newspapers, etc.?

right now the nook app only allows you to read books, anything with pictures (kids color books, newspapers, magazines) you can only read on the stock os...thats why all my roms are on my sd cards. that may change in the future but as of now you cant read them.

JGravitas

May 20, 2010
Visit site
right now the nook app only allows you to read books, anything with pictures (kids color books, newspapers, magazines) you can only read on the stock os...thats why all my roms are on my sd cards. that may change in the future but as of now you cant read them.

Is there a particular app that enables the picture-rich literature? Or a library of some sort? I mean, something in the stock B&N OS has to be providing that functionality, right?

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there a particular app that enables the picture-rich literature? Or a library of some sort? I mean, something in the stock B&N OS has to be providing that functionality, right?

i dont think so...what i would do is leave the emmc alone and just root it...then buy a 8GB class 10 microSD card and put gingerbread on there...and when you want to read the magazine or newspaper or kids book just take the card out and...BAM! you can read your stuff

Reactions: micl9

AZNPCGamer

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so right now I'm running Android 2.1 rooted on my Nook Color. If I wanna go up to Android 3.0 on my Nook Color, can I go back to rooted 2.1 if I want to?

If I can re-install the original Nook OS back onto this, then I don't mind erasing EVERYTHING on my Nook Color to get 3.0 on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred