My s4 doesn't turn on or charge

roddypiper11

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So basically I put my s4 on charge before sleeping and when I woke up, the battery was drained and it wouldn't turn on (it vibrated and showed the Samsung sign then turned off) which was strange. So the next day, I went out and bought a new charger thinking there was a problem with the charger but that didn't help it either. So then I went and borrowed a new battery from a cousin and it worked for a day with me continuously charging it so it did not drain again but that also ended up being useless because as soon as I put it on charge overnight, it drained again. My attempts at fixing it ruled out that it is a charger or battery problem so I am guessing there is a problem with the micro USB port. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be the port or it could be the charging circuit - there's no way to tell from here. If you can't use a meter or a scope to determine where the problem is, you'll have to bring it into a shop. (Considering that it did charge, I'd guess it's something in the charging circuit.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa