Lost Root After Update

RandyLayman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I screwed up and let the new update hit my Bionic, and now it's not rooted. I tried using the old root script I used when I rooted it last time, but got a "permission denied" Error-

So not sure what to do, what's my best choice? I can probably deal with losing the data, it would suck but not being rooted sucks worse.

So any help?

Thanks

bigtex52

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Wait patiently for a new root exploit with the rest of us this has happened to. If we are really lucky, someone will do it one more time.

sciroccohsd

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You can run Ubuntu without installing it. Once you're rooted just remove the disc and restart. Nothing on your PC will change.
Somebody on the forum stated that he/she will be creating a How-To video, so keep checking that forum for more details.

If you're running Windows, just download the LiveCD from Ubuntu (an ISO file).
Insert a blank DVD into a DVD Burner and burn the ISO image to disc.
- In Windows 7+: right-click on the ISO and select "Open with" > "Window Disc Image Burner". (your disc should start burning)
(Re)Insert the disc into your DVD Burner and restart your PC.
When your PC restarts, **MAKE SURE YOU BOOT FROM YOUR DISC DRIVE

From here log into Ubuntu Unity desktop.
Click the Ubuntu icon from the menu bar (left side of your screen).
Type "Terminal" and click on the Terminal Application.
Follow the directions as described on the site.

RandyLayman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks for the instructions, I may be able to follow them. I'll probably wait for a video, I seem to totally screw up the simplest things sometimes. I had bought the PDAnet/foxfi app before I rooted it, and I found out I can use that app to tether to my comp, so I guess that will do for now.

Thinking about buying the Galaxy III soon, so maybe it won't be a major POS like the bionic has been.

Thanks for everyone's responses and help - Love this forum!