Android tablet, sub 370 €, Italy

StarblindMark89

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello From Italy. I'm looking for a tablet. Been eyeing two: Asus Zenpad 3S 10, version z500m and nVidia Shield K1.

First of all, I have a budget of 370 euros ca.
So, I'm undecided. Stock android would be a plus, a notification LED as well, SD card is a welcome bonus. I'll use it for media consumption (TV shows, maybe movies, books, comic books and music), some games, and web browsing.

I'm not interesed in the LTE versions, WiFi is good enough. If I want networks outside, I could always tether it to my phone like I did with my old tablet.

As I've said, stock android, notification led and SD card would all be welcome bonuses.

As of now, I've been eyeing two models none of which have stock android as far as I know, nor a notification LED.

First is Asus Zenpad 3S 10 (the z500M version), second is nvidia shield K1.

Asus Zenpad seems like it has a mediatek cpu, which is one of my main concerns, as I don't know if they are worse than qualcomm CPUs or if they perform better. Also, it's Hexa-core (2x2.1 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz), which means that apps might not be optimized to make the most out of it.

Nvidia Shield K1 has Quad-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A15, gsmarena reports also the GPU which it says it's a ULP GeForce Kepler (192 cores)

More problems I can find with both of them is that they both have a sub-300 pixel density (264 for Zenpad, 283 for Shield K1).

I am used to the 2013 Nexus 7 which had 323. I don't know if the difference would be very noticeable or not, especially because maybe the increased resolution helps.

Lastly, I was wondering if, since they both got Nougat, they can both use multiwindow. I think it might be kind of useful with the bigger screens.

I, of course, welcome any suggestion about any other tablet not listed above. I'm not sure about screensize. Part of me is interested in trying something bigger than my old Nexus 7, but having never tried a bigger tablet I'm unsure about the comfort of it. I'm also not fully sure about 4:3, but I usually am able to adapt to black bars.

Thanks!

Addendum: I've been considering the lenovo yoga tab 3 plus, even though it lacks nougat. Is there any info regarding performance of these 3 tablets? I'd like to get the one with more horsepower in both the CPU and GPU department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress