Can I get some help with a Galaxy S4 screen repair gone bad?

michael sweesy

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S4 Screen Repair Gone Bad!

Hi,
I am new to this forum but have searched before posting because I believe my problem is unique.

I just replaced the glass on my Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545. I watched the video's by +Jerryrigeverything on Youtube. I did the loca glue method and thought I was in the clear because everything went so smooth and the screen seemed to be working perfect. Later I noticed that the smallest portion at the bottom of the screen just is not sensitive to touch. (think of the little text box you touch when you first go to reply to a standard text message...the skinny text field) The standar array of Phone+Contacts+Messaging+Apps are all touch sensitive. So it is that close to the bottom that I have touch sensitivity, but not that last bit. My first thought was that since I also used the adhesive strips that the screen must be sitting too high for touch to work. I posted on his youtube channel asking and the author actually responded saying that sometimes screens just go like that. I take his opinion seriously but some other factors make me re-consider.

I was ultra careful with the heat, monitoring the temp the whole time. The entire screen displays video flawlessly. No discoloration or burning. I did fail to hold the screen down at first when I set the phone in my makeshift UV oven. I also put too much glue in there because the screen is raised to such a degree at that end of the phone that the home button is now slightly lower than flush with the screen. I remember it distinctly sticking up a few milimeters above the glass before this.

I believe the glass is too high and that is the reason for the touch sensitivity not working at that small and perfectly even strip of screen at the bottom of the phone. The home, back and menu buttons work fine...but they are buttons. I know I probably sound like I just want you to say ok replace it one more time and you will be fine.

Just looking for honest opinions what the reason for that portion screen not registering touch is likely to be and any logical reasons behind your opinions. I am seriously considering giving this a second whirl. It was an intense repair and I am not looking forward to it again.

Attachments

• cracked screen.jpg
    cracked screen.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 4
  • watching video.jpg
    watching video.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • easy bake oven 2.jpg
    easy bake oven 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • easy bake oven 3.jpg
    easy bake oven 3.jpg