MB865 in AT&T computer system

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Blake over at intomobile ran across something interesting as hell. Have a read if you haven't AT&T getting its own version of the Motorola Droid Bionic?

Of course it got us digging around to see what we could see, and I ran across this:

Motorola Atrix user guide (.pdf from Motorola)

Open it, and look closely at page 49. The "device name" for the Atrix BT connection is MB865

This could all be a series of typos. I can't make sense of it, and rather than just guess, I throw it out to you guys to dissect :)

Chris

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Jerry. Its page 47 on my PC. :p

I wouldn't look to much into it. Verizon will definitely have exclusivity on the DROID BIONIC. And the new DROID BIONIC's model number is XT875. Not 865 anymore.

So this is either just a upgraded Atrix, or some other random thing. But not the DROID BIONIC.

edejon

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Who cares at&t will ruin it like they did with the atrix lol
The Atrix is an awesome phone, especially now that it is on 2.3.4. It is EASILY a top 5 phone of all android phones ever released, and a top 3 phone released thus far in 2011. AT&T was guilty of didabling hsdpa, but besides that, they didn't do much to "ruin" the Atrix!

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
uh Man , Im about to get an ATRIX !!!
Should I wait then ?
I really like the current Atrix , but an upgraded ATRIX is welcome

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The Atrix is an awesome phone, especially now that it is on 2.3.4. It is EASILY a top 5 phone of all android phones ever released, and a top 3 phone released thus far in 2011. AT&T was guilty of didabling hsdpa, but besides that, they didn't do much to "ruin" the Atrix!

Thats being pretty generous...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Searching for it on Google states it's an LTE Atrix for ATT. Lol, Bionic on the different carriers. Why not just call it the Motorola Phonix.(PHOton, bioNIc, atriX)

PS I'm really bummed right now. I was under the impression that this phone was the exclusive flagship of epic proportion destined for Verizon only kind of phone. Not a fancy spin like the naming conventions Sammy did with the Galaxy S. :_( anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Searching for it on Google states it's an LTE Atrix for ATT. Lol, Bionic on the different carriers. Why not just call it the Motorola Phonix.(PHOton, bioNIc, atriX)

PS I'm really bummed right now. I was under the impression that this phone was the exclusive flagship of epic proportion destined for Verizon only kind of phone. Not a fancy spin like the naming conventions Sammy did with the Galaxy S. :_( anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It all depends on how AT&T's LTE network works out. Verizon obviously has LTE in a lot of areas, while AT&T currently has none. They have some catching up to do.