bluetooth pairing with macbook

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone tried pairing their Bionic with a MacBook? Tried just now and got "paired but not connected" - and can't transfer files, browse the device, nada nada.

Any Macheads out there who can assist?

slvrdrgn123

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here, although I'm not on a MAC. I can pair to windows 7 computer but it says not connected and when I check device manager, it says missing BT peripheral. But I can still transfer files to the device. Not sure what's going on but it's not too important since I can just plug it in via USB.

pace87

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just did it earlier... on the phone mine also said paired but not connected. But when I went to send a file from my macbook, I just confirm it on my phone and it works....

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I just did it earlier... on the phone mine also said paired but not connected. But when I went to send a file from my macbook, I just confirm it on my phone and it works....

How did you get this to work? I tried to send a file, but it never got as far as my phone.

pace87

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
All I did was made sure my macbook's and phone's bluetooth was on and made my phone discoverable, paired the two from the mac and confirmed the code on the phone. From the mac I clicked "send file" and the phone asked if I wanted to d/l it... That's it... Nothing special or anything.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Huh. That's exactly what I did, but only got "paired but not connected", and was unable to send files, browse the Droid from my Mac, etc. I'll try again... :(

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Huh. That's exactly what I did, but only got "paired but not connected", and was unable to send files, browse the Droid from my Mac, etc. I'll try again... :(

Tried again tonight and received a message that a new bluetooth network "PAN" was detected. Clicked connect on that, and voila, it connected. I was able to send files from Mac to Bionic but not the other way around, and couldn't browse the Bionic from my Mac. It's a start anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa