[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If you ever find it, please let me know, as I want to re-install it as well. I bought 2 movies with my credit and I'd like to be able to watch them...

You're suppose to be able to restore it using Toolbox, but I can't get it to work for some reason.

You can install it from the Market...choose the Media Hub for Fascinate.

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If you ever find it, please let me know, as I want to re-install it as well. I bought 2 movies with my credit and I'd like to be able to watch them...

You're suppose to be able to restore it using Toolbox, but I can't get it to work for some reason.

I got it back using the toolbox. You have to go through the Terminal Emulator. Once it pulls up, you'll see a "$" sign. Type in "su". And then you'll see an "#" sign pop up and then then type in "gummytoolbox". And from there you can add/delete apps such as the media hub.

Reactions: ColSaulTigh

Nilbus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I got it back using the toolbox. You have to go through the Terminal Emulator. Once it pulls up, you'll see a "$" sign. Type in "su". And then you'll see an "#" sign pop up and then then type in "gummytoolbox". And from there you can add/delete apps such as the media hub.

I tried to do this and am getting told SU can not be found. The phone is rooted (kernel level) superuser app is there and titanium backup gets root access no problem.

Using ADB I see the SU in system/bin but when I look on the phone directly SU is not listed.

jayrell2289

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I went to my sd card through file explorer and was able to run the files with the doubletwist video player. No need for the media hub if you have already downloaded your free movies

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Perfect, thank you! I was having issues with SU and Toolbox at first, then re-installed after doing a WIPE, and everything worked perfectly!

Thanks again!

squid267

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Finally got Voodoo to work. Deleting the disable lag fix folder in the Voodoo directory worked.

kejar, in the nexy update can you include the feature where in the messaging app this or whatever you can slide the contacts name to the left to call and to the right to message. it was very useful. i cant seem to do that in here.

cjmac97

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Gummy CHARGED

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!

Notes:
Select Settings-->Display settings-->Unlock screen-->Glass unlock to get incoming calls to show up with the AOSP lockscreen slider rather than the puzzle crap

* If coming from another ROM You MUST wipe before installing this

While this update is built on top EE4 with will work with ED2 although I do recommend upgrading to EE4.. Instructions on how to do that will come out later tonight

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
DroidXcon for his help and patience with me while walking me thought the while Odin thing

Credits:
IMNUTS – His initial ed2 Debloated ROM was where I started on GummyCharged 1.0 (although GummyCharged 1.5 has a completely new base)

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and Android source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- New Base built on top of EE4
- The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts, Camera and Browser
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Latest Market included
- Black Gtalk – themed by me
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Keyboard Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- All apps optimized and zip aligned

More to come...

Known Issues:
- There are still some themes tweaks that need to be done but for the most part you will most likely not even notice.. Expect them to be resolve in a future release
- Some people are having issues with Exchange and may continue to do so until I get a chance to look into it

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
MD5SUM
723cd9a546297bf9121a0bfed0a3108b
GummyCharged1.7.5

Updates:

Change Log:
-Finished the Theme (if you see a bug let me know)
*Remeoved the location icon
*Fixxed black on black text in many places thoughout
*Fixed white on white text when adding a contact
*removed the batter charged (credit imnuts)
*tweaked TW apps for an overall better more integrated look
-Removed
*MusicMoc (CM6's Music Player)
*Media Hub
*DLNA
*CM6's Filemanager
*CM6's Email app (was causing issues with Exchange)
-Added
*Google's Music player (the one used with Music Beta)
*CM7's Files-manager (compiled myself)
*Email app built from AOSP (fixes Exchange and other issues)
*Terminal Emulator
*Gummy Toolbox*******
-Fixed
*Email issues
*FC on contact deletes
*USB automounting (credit imnuts)

-Toolbox
*To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
*The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
*Much more to com from the toolbox down the road :)

Install:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
-reboot

Twitter:
Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31

Donate:
Donate if you like what we do by buying us a round of beers!
Firstly, let me thank you for the amazing work on this ROM. Love everything, including the theme. One request, would it be possible to include the fix for Bluetooth + car kit reconnection problems found in post #18 of this thread?...

Bluetooth problem with your car? Please read - Page 2 - xda-developers

It works perfectly everytime, but I had to re-add it after updating to the newest version of your ROM. Best I can tell, there are no side effects to this fix.

Thanks!

RICH33389

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a step by step write up on how to root+put this rom on completely untouched charge? It has the OTA update on it, is that going to pose a problem as well?

RICH33389

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got it rooted with the gummy rom....now how do I overclock with the voltage app...I don't know what to set the voltages at...not much info on overclocking this phone yet...

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got it rooted with the gummy rom....now how do I overclock with the voltage app...I don't know what to set the voltages at...not much info on overclocking this phone yet...

Best bet is head over to XDA and discuss it. There is only 1 or 2 kernels that even allows overclocking on the Charge right now and most of what I've seen gets discussed in Imnuts's thread where he posted his first OC kernel Can't help myself as I personally do not OC devices anymore. Causes more harm then good if you ask me and in real world use there is no benefit to OC a device besides wanting to waste more battery for no reason

monie

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I installed the ROM. Seems to be working fine & I'm liking it. Had a little issue yesterday while doing it. In clockwork I installed the gummycharged1.75 and the updated toolbox found on xda & my phone wouldn't go passed the setup wizard screen & would keep rebooting itself. So I went back into clock work & wipe/factory reset it again but just installed gummycharged. Did I do the right thing? It seems to be working fine. Or should I have flashed it?

Also I noticed I don't have adobe flash anymore. I can't watch megavideo. Is there a way I can get it back.

Scrapper

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Does it matter if voodoo lax fix is enabled or disabled before I install this ROM?

right now under CWM it says lagfix disabled but not 100% sure and having problems with stock rom I would like to just install this one.

Thanks

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi. How do I "see" the toolbox? I placed the file on my sd card and installed via CWM and did the terminal $su the #gummytoolbox but what now?

If you installed the .zip for the toolbox, after typing su you need to type "updatetb" and follow the process, then type "gummytoolbox" at the root prompt in order for it to open. It just runs in bash, nothing else pops up, think aptitude if you're familiar with any Debian distros (like Ubuntu).

Does it matter if voodoo lax fix is enabled or disabled before I install this ROM?

right now under CWM it says lagfix disabled but not 100% sure and having problems with stock rom I would like to just install this one.

Thanks

CWM doesn't show whether the lagfix is enabled or not, you need to type "mount" in the terminal and look for "ext4" in the first few lines, instead of "rfs". Alternatively you can look in the voodoo control app, it should tell you whether its enabled or not. But no, it doesn't need to be disabled, as the different filesystems are dependent on the kernel, not the rom. You only need to disable it if you're flashing a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo one. Even then a complete Odin flash package (rom/kernel/recovery) will be fine if you've bricked your phone.

Just remember to backup everything with Titanium Backup, and back up your contacts to Google or your SD card and then do a full wipe/factory reset. And of course don't use backup/restore in CWM. You may already know that, but I'm just making sure. :cool:

hov

May 28, 2011
Visit site
For updating from 1.7.5 do I need to do a wipe/factory reset? Or can I just flash through CWM? Will my apps/contacts/etc be gone?

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I flashed 1.8.1 on top of 1.7.5 and for some reason my events are not showing up in Calendar. I can't seem to find an option to manage my account either.

Is there a separate package fix?

cjmac97

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm really enjoying this ROM. Thank you! I'm only having one problem, which is app updates not showing up in the market when I pull up "My apps" even though updates have been posted to the market. I made added the modified build.prop file from a few pages ago and it didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

ajaikarran

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If you installed the .zip for the toolbox, after typing su you need to type "updatetb" and follow the process, then type "gummytoolbox" at the root prompt in order for it to open. It just runs in bash, nothing else pops up, think aptitude if you're familiar with any Debian distros (like Ubuntu).

CWM doesn't show whether the lagfix is enabled or not, you need to type "mount" in the terminal and look for "ext4" in the first few lines, instead of "rfs". Alternatively you can look in the voodoo control app, it should tell you whether its enabled or not. But no, it doesn't need to be disabled, as the different filesystems are dependent on the kernel, not the rom. You only need to disable it if you're flashing a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo one. Even then a complete Odin flash package (rom/kernel/recovery) will be fine if you've bricked your phone.

Just remember to backup everything with Titanium Backup, and back up your contacts to Google or your SD card and then do a full wipe/factory reset. And of course don't use backup/restore in CWM. You may already know that, but I'm just making sure. :cool:
Thanks.