[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

faststart610

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Easy work around for Backup Assitant not working. You can log into your backup assistant accont at this address, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...services/backup-assistantplus/&token=7KGJloA_ and choose to export your contacts for an email accoint ie google. It will export them to a CSV file. Log into your gmail account and import them. Then sync your contacts with gmail and there ya go. Takes about 3 mins to complete from start to finsh.

i tried that but that still didnt work. i cant even access any contacts or store any contacts. im also having trouble accessing my verizon. Any help will be appreciated

mmamo

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
i tried that but that still didnt work. i cant even access any contacts or store any contacts. im also having trouble accessing my verizon. Any help will be appreciated
If I had the ability to help you I would. Unfortunately I am a beginner. If it were me... I would start all over. Boot to CW and Wipe. The Flash from Zip 1.8.1 and try again.

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So coming from 1.7.5...are people wiping completely or just installing 1.8 over 1.7.5? If you are wiping...what are the steps?

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So coming from 1.7.5...are people wiping completely or just installing 1.8 over 1.7.5? If you are wiping...what are the steps?

If your running Titanium and you have a good back up set up and you don't mind setting up a few of your programs again. I would wipe everything I mean everything except your external SD. That way you get a clean install. Less chance for errors etc.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
how is 1.8.1 working for everyone? I just rooted so I don't have a good previous point of reference but my battery life seems a bit worst than stock? Perhaps that's the voodoo pbjt kernel I have? Otherwise im really liking it. Very fast.

Also when switching themes can I just copy the zip to sd and flash? What if I flash a GC theme and want to go back to the base GC theme? I assume in that scenario I just flash the rom again, without messing with the kernel.

Thanks for the patience with my noobdom!

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
how is 1.8.1 working for everyone? I just rooted so I don't have a good previous point of reference but my battery life seems a bit worst than stock? Perhaps that's the voodoo pbjt kernel I have? Otherwise im really liking it. Very fast.

Also when switching themes can I just copy the zip to sd and flash? What if I flash a GC theme and want to go back to the base GC theme? I assume in that scenario I just flash the rom again, without messing with the kernel.

Thanks for the patience with my noobdom!

My battery life has not really changed from AB4-AB5 Through the versions of gummy charge. The pbj rom should help increase battery life since one of the features is its slightly undervolted.

Yes you just flash the themes over top of each other. I have come to the conclusion when flashing if you start getting hiccups, its best to do a wipe of everything except your external SD and do reflash of the rom and kernal and use Titanium to do a restore of program files and apps.

RS

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has not really changed from AB4-AB5 Through the versions of gummy charge. The pbj rom should help increase battery life since one of the features is its slightly undervolted.

Yes you just flash the themes over top of each other. I have come to the conclusion when flashing if you start getting hiccups, its best to do a wipe of everything except your external SD and do reflash of the rom and kernal and use Titanium to do a restore of program files and apps.

RS

Ok. Thanks RS. Also just to be clear, I don't need to disable voodoo when flashing a new rom(or in my case reflashing the same rom)?

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Enlighten us as to why you think the Charge is a bad phone...?

He's just trying to start some drama. Do not feed. ;) Exactly why he asked a question that if he really wanted an answer to, he would have just PMed kejar.

But if you must know, here is a list of 3 reasons why Tbolt > charge:

1) Better battery life
2) you can tell your gf you didn't hang up on her, your phone just rebooted.
3) The phone goes well with a pikachu costume. Pikachu! Thunderbolt now!
Pikachu Child Costume | Nintendo Photos

Last edited:
Reactions: Halo

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
lol @ the reboot on the GF comment but anyways.

Is there a way to get the Puzzle Lock screen back? I feel like I am using my OG Droid when I have to swipe to the right to unlock it, feels "old."

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am on 1.8.1 and tried installing one of the GummyThemes but it sent my phone into a bootloop. I was able to recover by reinstalling GummyCharged. Any insight on this?

Jacknut16

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Attention!
Mailbox acess is not supported for some types of Yahoo! mail accounts. If you have trouble connecting, visit yahoo.com for more information.

Anyone seeing this when trying to set up a Yahoo account on the default email?
I enter the credentials and it wont accept for yahoo account.

Maybe I missed to conversation about this?
Im on Gunny Charged 1.8, same error is coming up on the wife's phone after she went to Gummy 1.8 also...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89