Charge Battery Life is TERRIBLE

rami98

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So i got the charge a couple of weeks ago. I had the thunderbolt before it but then i switched it out for the charge just because the thunderbolt was kinda heavy. Now i have terrible battery life. I am on stock rooted EE4 and have tried everything short of throwing the phone at the wall. I have 2-3 bars of 4g signal usually (metro detroit). I have tried AC Altered beast, tried gummycharged, tested my own rom, used kangfucius, PB&J Time, and VOODOO, all to no avail. I leave at 7 am and come back home at 3 pm and the battery will be down to its last 5 percent, running on fumes. I even turn off mobile data or i put it on airplane mode and that doesnt even seem to help. MY THUNDERBOLT GOT A WHOLE DAY EASILY WITH IMOSEYONS KERNEL ON 4G but the charge with supposedly better battery life is worse?!?!?! Any advice?

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
If you are putting it in airplane mode or turning off data and still have this issue then an app on the phoen is draining it. I'm currerntly running Gummy with PBJ kernel with lagfix enable. that said I leave at 5:30 am and it is now 4:15pm and I'm sitting at 68%. this includes a few calls and hour of Pandora this am some txt & IM's as well at twitter. Oh and I leave mine on LTE even tho at the office there is only 3g service still and I just let it does its thing. Normally by the time I get home around 6:30 it is still around 40% which will include at least another hr of Pandora on my drive home.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
If you are putting it in airplane mode or turning off data and still have this issue then an app on the phoen is draining it. I'm currerntly running Gummy with PBJ kernel with lagfix enable. that said I leave at 5:30 am and it is now 4:15pm and I'm sitting at 68%. this includes a few calls and hour of Pandora this am some txt & IM's as well at twitter. Oh and I leave mine on LTE even tho at the office there is only 3g service still and I just let it does its thing. Normally by the time I get home around 6:30 it is still around 40% which will include at least another hr of Pandora on my drive home.
I have similar results. You have some type of battery gremling going on. Maybe a data wipe etc and start fresh again. RS

RPMiller

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing crappy battery life as well, but I'm new to smartphones in general. Could someone point me to where I can learn about this Gummy and PB&J? What are they, and what do they do?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you wipe battery stats after you rooted? That's the quickest fix if you haven't. Try that after you charge it to 100% then let the phone die, charge it over night and repeat. Li-ion batteries wont reach their full potential until the first few discharges/charges

From Nexus with love

RPMiller

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I definitely did a few full discharge/charges when I got my phone, but I haven't rooted it. Is that a bad thing? I need my phone for business.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I definitely did a few full discharge/charges when I got my phone, but I haven't rooted it. Is that a bad thing? I need my phone for business.

To get the most out of the battery yes. I usually do a full discharge once a month. I

From Archos With Love

RPMiller

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
To get the most out of the battery yes. I usually do a full discharge once a month. I

From Archos With Love

Okay, so now I'm confused. I should root my phone, or not, and what does that have to do with the battery? Wait, I think you're answering the perceived question about the battery charging, but if that is the case I'm still confused. I shouldn't have done the full battery discharge/charge, but then you do one a month? :confused:

neemo6

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I unplug at 7am and by 5pm im out of juice, and this is with very limited use probably 1 phone call, and checking emails periodically throughout the day usually. Im on jt voodoo lagfix/cwm kernel. Does the pbj make a big difference in battery life?

Last edited:

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
my phone lasts a minimum of 12 hours with heavy use on ee4 unrooted with gps and lte automatic on xD. you must be doing something wrong

- it died after i posted this ._.

Last edited:

thed0cb

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Common things.

Make sure your apps are closed.

We all know the screen is gorgeous, but turn down the brightness.

If you are truly not using the phone, turn off the 4G.

Otherwise, root & install Gummy w/ PB&J :)

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Occassionaly clearing the memory in the task manager can help some. Press and hold the home button click task manager then click the RAM tab and click clear memory at the bottom. I usually do this after heavy web browsing/gaming, pretty much anytime I do something that requires much heavier use than normal. I easily get over 18 hours on a full charge, infact I have yet to ever get below 25% without actually trying to. I use my phone frequently for calls, A LOT of texting, gaming and web browsing throughout the day and facebook, also I have widgets constantly streaming data. Simply clearing memory in the task manager seems to significantly increase my battery life. My brightness is set to auto, time out at 30 seconds. It's hard to say why some have terrible battery life and others have great battery life even when doing very similar things on the phone. It really comes down to the overall quality of the battery really. Unfortunatly not all batteries are equal and some get unlucky to of gotten a weaker battery so to speak.

Also there are apps that some people frequently use that do drain battery much quicker than some. For instance using a streaming radio app like pandora drains the battery faster.

I suggest trying out the clearing memory method through the day for a few days and see if you notice a difference in battery life. If it comes down to something as simple as that then I'm glad my suggestion was able to help! If not I apologize as it boils down to something a little more complicated.

Oh and I strongly suggest not using a Live Wallpaper, they eat battery faster than most anything else! Using a dark based background is your best bet.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Here are a couple tips I have to maximize battery life. First off if new to smart phones your lucky to get a work day out of them with heavy use. Not all are like that most.

1. Turn the brightness down. Quick tip the notification bar far left is 0 far right is 100 1-99 in between. Touch the notification bar pull it down slightly and hold and brightness will adjust accordingly

2. If your not going to need use of data when driving etc. Shut off data. Your phone will last for days without a data connection. Yes it defeats the purpose of a smart phone but if your not needing it shut it off.

3. Use wifi as much as possible, I can stay connected to wifi and surf stream game etc and I can get an easy 8 hours with only using 30-40 % on the battery.

4. Download the lte switch app. If your streaming and it works find on 3g shut off the lte radio quickly, then turn it back on when you want faster browsing.

5. Check how often your widgets are refreshing.

6. If running a pop 3 mail client. Shut off the push/pull and cofigure them via gmail so that the gmail server checks every 15 minutes and your phone does not, then it will get pushed directly to your phone. Obviously if 15 minutes is a deal breaker this wont work for you.

7. Task manager (hold home key) shutdown running processes and clear ram.

8. Once there is an ee4 root program. Root your phone and get rid of all the crap that runs in the background of your phone and steals memory and battery life.

If you have any questions on any of the above feel free to pm me.

Reactions: Fsugrad01

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The title of the thread should be changed to "My messed up Charge has poor battery life."

My Charge running EE4 GC 1.5 has ridiculously good battery life. I unplug at 6am and can get to 6pm with ease.

EDIT: I see a lot of people turning things off and killing apps here and there.. It's unnecessary. I never turn off mobile data, I use wifi often, my brightness is usually on medium-high, I play games here and there and I constantly check the web/Facebook. I can easily get through the day!

However, I did have battery issues before EE4 when I had PBJT/ABv.4.1.1. I could barely get through the day. There was definitely some sort of battery gremlin in there as the problem went away after I wiped and reflashed. Now, with EE4, I never use my spare battery.

joelmic

Banned
Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have three batteries and to battery chargers. Most of the time I can get 12 hours on a battery but I am using my phone about 14-18 hours a day so the extra battery are a life saver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38