Those that switched from GS3 to Maxx HD

nathanskidmore

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am anxiously wondering the same thing: do apps such as Camera zoom FX or Camera 360 take better photos than the stock app?
I’m torn between S3 and RHD, the cameras are making it difficult to decide.

If anyone would post high-res comparisons it would be greatly appreciated!

viskey

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
This pic was taken with camerazoomfx....still terrible....I know the bag was in motion so that is blurry but even the rest of the pic was blurry! I even took it twice in case I was moving but still the same result....

yreja8u4.jpg

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
This pic was taken with camerazoomfx....still terrible....I know the bag was in motion so that is blurry but even the rest of the pic was blurry! I even took it twice in case I was moving but still the same result....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/27/yreja8u4.jpg

Agreed, they are not impressive, I would rival the front camera of the sgs3 against the rear of the RAZR HD. It saddens me to say it, but I'll probably exchange for a black sgs3 tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/27/yreja8u4.jpg

would this photo have been better with s3?

i'm trying to decide between s3 and razr maxx hd. 2 most imprtant things to me on my phone are battery life then camera. would i be better off with the s3 then since i can just supplement with a spare battery? i really hate bad pictures. it's the second reason i'm moving from my nexus (first being battery life).

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
yes, with a removable battery, battery life becomes a non-issue. I have several batteries for my Bionic. you can't swap out a bad camera for a good one.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
would this photo have been better with s3?

i'm trying to decide between s3 and razr maxx hd. 2 most imprtant things to me on my phone are battery life then camera. would i be better off with the s3 then since i can just supplement with a spare battery? i really hate bad pictures. it's the second reason i'm moving from my nexus (first being battery life).

If a camera is importannt then get the SGIII. I am getting acceptable results with my Razr Maxx HD camera in my opinion, but I am not a professional photographer. I prefer the email, brighter display, build quality, software, bluetooth and speaker volume on the Maxx HD over the SGIII.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
yes, with a removable battery, battery life becomes a non-issue. I have several batteries for my Bionic. you can't swap out a bad camera for a good one.

The problem is when you want to use a case. It makes it hard to do a battery swap from an OB Defender.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

viskey

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Here is one I took with my s3 two weeks ago. Even in low light with flash it is a million times better! (I added vignette effect on the edges after pic was taken)

udugu7at.jpg

viskey

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife has my sg3 now, so I'm either gonna get another one or wait to see what the HTC DNA ends up being next month...

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife has my sg3 now, so I'm either gonna get another one or wait to see what the HTC DNA ends up being next month...

I was thinking I would do exactly the same, unless for whatever reason the black sgs3 is irresistible. My wife had the sgs3 as well.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Not the best comparison, since the is my RAZR vs my SG3, but I think the RAZRs have the same camera.

Both pictures were taken at the exact same time from the exact same spot with flash and everything on auto. I use the hell out of the camera on my phone so even though I had always settled for Motorola's crappy quality I just can't go back after having Samsung's quality. That and you can take pictures as fast as you can tap the button, not just every few seconds like on the Motorolas.

Attachments

• RAZR.jpg
    RAZR.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 259
  • SG3.jpg
    SG3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 259

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Its actually ok at taking close up shots. Heres two photos vs my One X with Sense 4.5 camera mod installed. Up close, its not bad and can hold its own. But the distance shot, its just a blurry mess.

RAZR:
IMG_20121027_090104_130.jpg

One X
IMAG0034.jpg

RAZR:
IMG_20121027_090416_148.jpg

One X:
IMAG0035-1.jpg

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
that may be. never used that type of case. for my bionic I use a shell/holster and would want something similar if I got the sammy. I can remove the battery in literally less than 8 seconds.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not the best comparison, since the is my RAZR vs my SG3, but I think the RAZRs have the same camera.

Both pictures were taken at the exact same time from the exact same spot with flash and everything on auto. I use the hell out of the camera on my phone so even though I had always settled for Motorola's crappy quality I just can't go back after having Samsung's quality. That and you can take pictures as fast as you can tap the button, not just every few seconds like on the Motorolas.

How does it compare if you are using a camera app like camera zoom?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My GS3 is sold and on its way to its new owner. I will miss it, but I am really enjoying my RMHD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Bad to say about sgs3?

Touchwiz
Ugly
Plastic

It's great with cm10 imho but didn't hold a candle to the build, battery and radio that Motorola has. Camera isn't great and certainly isn't as good, but that's the only downfall.

Most people only say they hate touchwiz cause they heard someone else say it. I rarely hear any good reasons to hate it. VERY rarely.

And how do you like your cast iron phone? You do realize your car is plastic, right? And the majority of everything in production today?

When is the last time you cooked a peach cobbler in your phone? Do you really think the S3 is crappy plastic even though the majority of everyone that has one, loves it?

Saying the S3 is cheap, and saying you hate touchwiz is two massively overkilled stupid gripes by those who don't own the S3. Formulate your own opinions people. Try things before you just instantly believe everything you read.
Sent from my Galaxy S3