Viewing email on my computer doesn't clear it on phone

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If I'm sitting at my computer I usually get the notifications for new emails within a few seconds of each other on my phone and computer. On my nexus when I'd look at a message on my computer it would cancel the notification on my phone. The notification light would stop flashing and I think the icon at the top would go away. On this phone though that doesn't happen. Same if I do it on the phone first. Anyone have any ideas?

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If I'm sitting at my computer I usually get the notifications for new emails within a few seconds of each other on my phone and computer. On my nexus when I'd look at a message on my computer it would cancel the notification on my phone. The notification light would stop flashing and I think the icon at the top would go away. On this phone though that doesn't happen. Same if I do it on the phone first. Anyone have any ideas?
Are you using gmail? On mine, with gmail, opening the mail on the computer turns off the light but not the notification icon. That's the way it worked on my old phone too. The light sometimes takes a few minutes to go out. Same with my old phone.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, gmail and Lightflow, same as on my Nexus. I know the light used to turn off on my nexus, although its been long enough that I can't remember specifically about the icon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress