End of June for ICS???

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I did like the X but at the same time I didn't. It had limited internal storage with no SD card. Out of 16GB's it only had 9 available.The screen was AMAZING but I really hated the Sense UI. I'm not one to root my phone so it was kind of disappointing. It did handle 4G very well which was good because you couldn't turn it off, lol. I mainly returned it to avoid the ETF with Verizon but I could see myself outgrowing the device.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why the author of that article used the word "delayed". Moto said Q2 a few weeks back, which would be by the end of June. A delay would be if it was after that date.

Verizon actually said it would be Q2 several months ago... actually CES 2012 back in January 10-13, 2012.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
VZW says July 6th for the SG III release date. Do you think they will delay ICS for the Maxx until after Jusy 6th? Thinking maybe people will buy the SG III just to get ICS?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
when it comes to Verizon not playing nice, i wouldn't put anything past them
mpxZf.jpg

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
VZW says July 6th for the SG III release date. Do you think they will delay ICS for the Maxx until after Jusy 6th? Thinking maybe people will buy the SG III just to get ICS?

Who knows.... but I think there is enough hype around SGIII, and if you are really looking for a device right now that would be the one most people will wait and get... but maybe if the Maxx gets ICS they might actually have some more sales.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Who knows.... but I think there is enough hype around SGIII, and if you are really looking for a device right now that would be the one most people will wait and get... but maybe if the Maxx gets ICS they might actually have some more sales.

I bought a Samsung back in December and it was horrible :banghead: I can't see why someone that had a Samsung would want to buy another one:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Pooooooor radios. No way I buy another Samsung! I would love to have a nexus phone again but with Samsung its always the same thing. No matter what carrier you will get weak radios and poor signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reactions: bradenfontaine

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The ICS is really getting to be past due. There aren't many Moto devices slated for it. They need to finish it and release it after all these months. If its not perfect day one, tweak it and fix it down the road. Perhaps they need to prioritize to get things done. And Verizon of course has to do its share of passing it through.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Android 4.0 for Droid Razr delayed, Verizon says June 12

Android 4.0 for Droid Razr delayed, Verizon says June 12 | Crave - CNET

Look up on this thread jclake... this has already been posted.

Motorola can only do this so fast... they are working with Verizon to get the everything setup just right... it will be here when it's here. And like I said a few posts back I agree it will probably go to the Soak Test before everyone else sees it... and if this June 12th date is correct then that will probably be the start of the Soak Test.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Never had a Samsung, what are their faults?

Hop over to the Samsung galaxy nexus forums and you will some ugly post. Mine would drop calls. It had some kind of Mic cut during a phone call. You could hear the other person but they could not hear you. It had very low speaker volume. MMS text would not go through. Antenna was horrible ......the list goes on. I loved the HD screen but the phone was a pain with issues :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

No-one

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The ICS is really getting to be past due. There aren't many Moto devices slated for it. They need to finish it and release it after all these months. If its not perfect day one, tweak it and fix it down the road. Perhaps they need to prioritize to get things done. And Verizon of course has to do its share of passing it through.

How do you figure that ICS is getting past due?
They said Q2, which will not be past due until we reach July... :eek:

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
How do you figure that ICS is getting past due?
They said Q2, which will not be past due until we reach July... :eek:

Past due because when the phone first came out one of the selling points was an upgrade to ICS in early 2012. By my calendar June or July isn't early in the year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Past due because when the phone first came out one of the selling points was an upgrade to ICS in early 2012. By my calendar June or July isn't early in the year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Interesting interpretation by someone that did not listen to anything that happened at CES, and since this device came out after CES 2012.... Motorola said at CES that this would get an update for ICS in Q2.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting interpretation by someone that did not listen to anything that happened at CES, and since this device came out after CES 2012.... Motorola said at CES that this would get an update for ICS in Q2.

I think he means the fact that Moto and any Verizon rep trying to push the phone on people would imply that ICS was coming our way fast, early 2012 fast.
I'm a patient man, and I can wait for a stated Q2 deadline, but Motorola isn't doing anyone any favors by waiting until the very last day of the very last week of Q2.

Reactions: LegalAmerican

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress