6.16.215 ics update leak

CyberIT08

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a DROID RAZR

My phone has the .215 leak installed and has been rooted.

My battery level indicates 50% with being on for 9h 53m 2s. Is that good for a DROID RAZR?

Screen is at 72% with a time on of 1h 44m 58s

Im running Juice Defender set at balanced mode. I also have a smart action for work to turn of WiFi, set brightness to 50%, ringer to vibrate.

Im not sure if that battery life is any better than running under stock .211.

Anyone seeing anything better for a DROID RAZR

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a DROID RAZR

My phone has the .215 leak installed and has been rooted.

My battery level indicates 50% with being on for 9h 53m 2s. Is that good for a DROID RAZR?

Screen is at 72% with a time on of 1h 44m 58s

Im running Juice Defender set at balanced mode. I also have a smart action for work to turn of WiFi, set brightness to 50%, ringer to vibrate.

Im not sure if that battery life is any better than running under stock .211.

Anyone seeing anything better for a DROID RAZR

Depending on your usage it might be fair. But if your lightly using it i would say that's not good performance.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this update does make things run faster, as well as a little more reliable LTE connection.

The verdict is still out on battery life. Yes, 7am til 11:30pm with medium use is something I could only dream of with my old phone, but if I somewhat-heavily used this phone, I would've had a dead battery by 7 or 8pm, which is just so-so. Better than your average phone, but not amazing. Not complaining- just observing.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this update does make things run faster, as well as a little more reliable LTE connection.

The verdict is still out on battery life. Yes, 7am til 11:30pm with medium use is something I could only dream of with my old phone, but if I somewhat-heavily used this phone, I would've had a dead battery by 7 or 8pm, which is just so-so. Better than your average phone, but not amazing. Not complaining- just observing.

More then likely i will be going back to .211 the battery performance on .215 on my device didn't change it's sub par at best. The only thing i noticed running the leak is less lag.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That's funny when I install the hacked 215 I remember there being a disclaimer saying you cannot go back. Since then things may have changed?

sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com

I'm not rooted. There's a post at the beginning of this thread that sates how to do it it's called Matt's Droid Razr Utility 1.8.1. I haven't tried it yet kinda afraid of bricking my device, but others in this thread claim to have reverted back to .211 from .215

Last edited:

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't you just do a factory reset? Don't most factory resets go back to an "offical" (factory image?) version?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset doesn't change anything except wipe all of your phone data. You will still be on the same version you were and if you're rooted you will still be rooted

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I went back and forth between .215 and .211 around three to four times in the past week. Just comparing how some ROMs act on each leak. It's not that hard, the OP might have a lot of steps, but I'm just being really descriptive.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong: I am not rooted and running the .215 leaked ICS build. Do I have to be rooted in order to revert back to the OTA .211 ICS build? Does Matt"s Utility root my device in order to revert back to .211?

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You do not have to be rooted to use Matt's utility. Just follow the steps from the OP and you'll be back to stock .211 in no time!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

CyberIT08

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I ended up installing "VooDoo Root Keeper" and un-rooted my phone. Then I used Matt's Utility 1.81 and chose Option #1. Then updated to .214 via my SD card.

Hopefully my battery is better on .214 and un-rooted.

Thanks!

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the 6.16.215 updated and I can see it on the download folders under ES file explorer. When I go to reset the phone and update from external source, there is nothing showing for the update. Please help.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the 6.16.215 updated and I can see it on the download folders under ES file explorer. When I go to reset the phone and update from external source, there is nothing showing for the update. Please help.

Are you sure you saved it to the root directory of your SD Card? Also, the file doesn't mention the .215 update - it's "Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip"

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, did you check the Download folder when you went to install the .zip? If you don't place it in the root folder, you have to go into the folder you placed it in and then select it.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it to my desktop on my computer and then plugged in the maxx, opened my computer, clicked on the f drive and opened the download folder and copied and paste the update folder into their. I then disconnected my maxx and went into boot mode. Then to update from external source, and all that is showing in blue coloring is the following
../
.geotagtempdir/
LOST.DIR/
dcim/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non