Widget Clock Stopping

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having their clock stop running in their clock widgets? I've had it stop in both the BeWeather Clock/Temp widget and in Fancy Widgets. Any solutions out there?

Running the latest OTA JB update and not rooted. Thanks!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought I saw the time on Beautiful Widget's stop yesterday when I was at the gym, but later when I looked at my device it was working just fine. I have not seen it again and have been looking for it every time I unlock it. I'm also running the latest JB update and not rooted.

If I see it again I'll take a snapshoot of the screen and post it on Motorola's Forum. If it's still happening you might want to do that.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a Digital Clock widget and it stopped running, too. The only way to get it started again is to power off and restart. This is happening more often now, almost daily. I wonder if it's time to get Maxx #5?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its happened to me once or twice. What happens more in BW is that the temp reading will move from bottom right to top right of the widget. It will only go back if I restart or, oddly, watch You Tube.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me again yesterday, and I finally got a screenshot (I will attach below). Have not had to restart or do anything but lock it and turn the screen back on. The only thing I can say about this time was that it at the same location as the last time it happened to me... the gym, and about the same time of the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-12-15-22-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-12-15-22-16.png
    591.3 KB · Views: 20

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have low signal , data wise, at the gym by chance? I had a widget do that and it seemed like it was trying to connect online before updating. I noticed it more in airplane mode. It would freeze. Turn on airplane mode turn screen off and wait 5 to 10 minutes and turn on. See if it freezes.

I have not noticed it one bit on one more click widget.

Update me on it.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think it had something to do with my Apex Launcher. I switched back to ADW and I haven't had any problems since.

That could be the issue... I am using Apex Launcher. I will try using Nova again, since I do have the Pro version of that as well... I did see it again today... again it was at the gym, but this time it was ONLY the hour, not the minute.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Asheville this weekend and my BW clock has decided to be 16 hours behind (or 8 ahead depending on how you look at it). As you can see in the notification bar, the regular clock is fine.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366547802841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366547802841.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Asheville this weekend and my BW clock has decided to be 16 hours behind (or 8 ahead depending on how you look at it). As you can see in the notification bar, the regular clock is fine.

What launcher are you using in this screen shot? We think this might be an issue with APEX.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Looks like stock launcher. Remove widget and re-add or restart phone. Either should get it updated. A possible fix would be to hold thee home button down and swipe all the apps to the right. Try that first and report back.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Looks like stock launcher. Remove widget and re-add or restart phone. Either should get it updated. A possible fix would be to hold thee home button down and swipe all the apps to the right. Try that first and report back.

It's very hard to figure out what you are saying, let alone who are you are talking to. I'm going to guess you are not talking to me, because as I posted yesterday that I just loaded up Nova launcher again to see if it is the APEX launcher that is causing the issues.

When you say "Either should get it updated"... get what updated? Then "hold thee home button down and swipe all the apps to the right"... what does this mean?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's very hard to figure out what you are saying, let alone who are you are talking to. I'm going to guess you are not talking to me, because as I posted yesterday that I just loaded up Nova launcher again to see if it is the APEX launcher that is causing the issues.

When you say "Either should get it updated"... get what updated? Then "hold thee home button down and swipe all the apps to the right"... what does this mean?

I was referring to MA2GA28. Not sure why that didn't make sense. it was a reply directly after the post and you said you believe you fixed yours. "get updated" referred to the clock working again.

The home button when held down in stock launcher gets what it is best described as a task manager. You slide the apps to the right to remove them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I was referring to MA2GA28. Not sure why that didn't make sense. it was a reply directly after the post and you said you believe you fixed yours. "get updated" referred to the clock working again.

The home button when held down in stock launcher gets what it is best described as a task manager. You slide the apps to the right to remove them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Your reply was directly after MY post.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your post was the response to his problem. I was responding about what you were actually asking about the launcher but mainly somethings he might be able to try. My widget acted weird at odd times too on default launcher, which I believe he is running based on the screenshot, you replied too but asked what launcher he was using.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Your post was the response to his problem. I was responding about what you were actually asking about the launcher but mainly somethings he might be able to try. My widget acted weird at odd times too on default launcher, which I believe he is running based on the screenshot, you replied too but asked what launcher he was using.

Agree to disagree!!! @MA2GA28 did NOT respond to my question of what launcher he/she was using. I can setup any launcher to look exactly like that... APEX, Nova or stock. Don't ASSUME anything.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I can not say it is APEX anymore, unless Nova is using the same core code... I'm using Nova right now and came back from the Gym a little while ago and saw this (again the common thread in my sightings is the Gym... I have Not seen it any other time or location).

***EDIT: I'm going back to stock launcher just to see if I see it there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-22-13-14-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-22-13-14-55.png
    674.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My screenshot was with the stock launcher. The day before my phone got stuck on weak 3G in a 4G area. A reboot fixed that, but the clock issue persisted for a few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress