Taking Apart the RAZR

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had taken their RAZR apart? I somehow cut my earpiece screen and am wondering how easy it would be to replace. Anyone have any experience with this?

I took apart my DX pretty easily to fix some of the buttons after I dropped it, so I figured I could probably do this one too, if need be. Although I haven't been able to find any spare parts on any site yet.

If anyone knows anything or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Finding an earpiece screen that's the exact size is probably really tough. I remember taking apart a Walkman one time and because it wasn't a common model, it was nearly impossible to find the right size belt it needed. I could be wrong, but I think you'll run into the same goose chase I did and it's not worth it. I would try calling Motorola to see if they'll send you a screen, they just might. Or maybe they'll just fix it for you because that's not a problem they hear very often. Worth a shot. Good luck, man.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I know they have sites that sell parts, but I haven't found that one yet. It would probably be an easy fix if those sites had some in stock. That's what I did for the buttons on my X. Took me about an hour to fix it and it looked brand new. I'll keep on looking. Thanks for the info and words of encouragement!

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had taken their RAZR apart? I somehow cut my earpiece screen and am wondering how easy it would be to replace. Anyone have any experience with this?

I took apart my DX pretty easily to fix some of the buttons after I dropped it, so I figured I could probably do this one too, if need be. Although I haven't been able to find any spare parts on any site yet.

If anyone knows anything or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Do you mean the hardly-able-to-see black screen just under the silver motorola symbol? If so, my opinion only, but I would just leave it. You stand a good chance of making things worse, trying to fix something like that. Then you will be *really* PO'd.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
There's a video teardown somewhere on androidforums. It seems pretty easy if you're experienced taking stuff apart.

Edit: Here's the thread. You may find this useful.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr/461931-motorola-droid-razr-cracked-open-video.html

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The Razr is not the easiest phone to take apart, it is mostly held together with glue not screws. After taking it apart you are going to have to scrape out all the old glue and apply new glue. If you don't scrape the old stuff out first and glue it together, the parts are not going to line up properly and you'll have seams showing and some bulging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa