Looking for new kernal/ROM suggestions

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Currently using Calkulin's E4GT ROM v1.5a and the 2.6.35.14 rogue ET 1.1.3+ kernal (modem EG30), and have way too much LOS. Still on Android 2.3.4 also.

Pretty sure I'm going to move into modern times... suggestons anyone?

For those using it... is Calkulins latest (v2.5-something) stable enough? (I am very happy with his previous stuff.) If going this route, can I just run via CWM over my current version, or wipe all first?

Thanks in advance.

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Calkulin's 2.5 is great. You need to update your modem to either EK02 or EL13 (essentially same as EK02 without CIQ).

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Calkulin's 2.5 is great. You need to update your modem to either EK02 or EL13 (essentially same as EK02 without CIQ).

Hi, do you know if Calkulin baked in the ability to use a lock screen delay for enterprise security? Or if the rom has the ability to use the camera during a phone call?

Thanks!
Naa

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would give the latest UnNamed a try, which is packed with the Rogue stock EL13 kernel. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I've read that it's smoother and has better battery life than even Calkulin's, which already excellent.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Update the modem first I assume?

Or, if I go UnNamed, I guess it's all wrapped in one?

Better battery life is always welcom, but when everything is playing nice, and my phone is not spening ALL it's resources looking for a signal, battery life is pretty darn good as it is.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Modem is always flashed separately. Most ROMS come with their favorite kernel but you can mix and match them if you'd like. Some may not play well together

Sent from my Blazing ET4G

lopies

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I would give the latest UnNamed a try, which is packed with the Rogue stock EL13 kernel. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I've read that it's smoother and has better battery life than even Calkulin's, which already excellent.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation. The UnNamed rom is sweet.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation. The UnNamed rom is sweet.

No problem. I've been running it the past week and so far my experience has been excellent. I got 53 hours out of my battery over the weekend with rather limited use, but I still did have a bit over 3 hours of screen on time with all of that idle time. I do underclock and undervolt though, as well as run the conservative governor. The phone still performs great with the CPU scaled back.

lopies

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
No problem. I've been running it the past week and so far my experience has been excellent. I got 53 hours out of my battery over the weekend with rather limited use, but I still did have a bit over 3 hours of screen on time with all of that idle time. I do underclock and undervolt though, as well as run the conservative governor. The phone still performs great with the CPU scaled back.

Wow! That is some serious savings. This is my first rom on this phone. I tried overclocking but did not see a noticeable difference. Maybe I will give that scale back a try. What program are you using to do this?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow! That is some serious savings. This is my first rom on this phone. I tried overclocking but did not see a noticeable difference. Maybe I will give that scale back a try. What program are you using to do this?

I use Tegrak Ultimate for stock kernels (like the one I'm running now with UnNamed) and SetCPU with custom kernels.

Here are my Tegrak settings:

Scaling: 200-1000
Governer: Conservative
Core voltages (I don't mess with Internal voltage):

1000 MHz - 1075mV
800 MHz - 975 mV
500 MHz - 900mV
200 MHz - 875mV

I/O scheduler - noop (found under the Tweaks heading in the app)

Basically I'm undervolted by 75 at each CPU frequency.

Also, here's a really good Tegrak guide that you can use for some tips:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [OC] Tegrak Overclock for Galaxy S II v0.7.0.5

lopies

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Tegrak Ultimate for stock kernels (like the one I'm running now with UnNamed) and SetCPU with custom kernels.

Here are my Tegrak settings:

Scaling: 200-1000
Governer: Conservative
Core voltages (I don't mess with Internal voltage):

1000 MHz - 1075mV
800 MHz - 975 mV
500 MHz - 900mV
200 MHz - 875mV

I/O scheduler - noop (found under the Tweaks heading in the app)

Basically I'm undervolted by 75 at each CPU frequency.

Also, here's a really good Tegrak guide that you can use for some tips:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [OC] Tegrak Overclock for Galaxy S II v0.7.0.5
Thank you again JayWill72 . I will give that a go when I get home from work.

lopies

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I used the settings that you recommended JayWill72. I am on my 12th hour with 50%. I was downloading quite a bit and made a few calls. I am quite impressed. This will come into play when I am on call at work. I can now go way longer between charges...:D