Please help me...

hackedup

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My Epic 4g touch has been hacked by someone. I am going through a divorce and have little doubt who and why it was done. I dont currently have access to a computer to even try and fix it. I downloaded a few permission notifocation apps today and found out whoever is doing this has complete control of my phone. They are taking video audio pics sending files out by mms and gmail they are making outgoing calls and recording my calls. when i hang up a call it stays connected for a few minutes my brother and a few freinds called me back and told me they could hear me. I lose my connection every time i try to lookup a lawyer its insane. Sprint is useless they tried to do a reset but it doesnt reset anything. Ihave over 200 apps on my phone that i never installed. Here are a few of them.

mobile tracker
Key logger
Bluetooth sharing
Gogle framework
Wifi sharing
keylock disabler
Mms provision
Service mode
Wifi sharing manager
Log provider
Badge permission
I realize some of these are normal apps but these all have long version numbers and there are multiples of the same apps witj different version numbers there are 5 task managers that use version1.5.13 ,1.6, 1.3.tz.5, 2.3.7, and 3.3.4.
Please advise

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want to at least put a stop to things until you can straighten things out and/or get a computer I would call Sprint up and report the phone as missing/lost and just ask them to put the line/phone on vacation or missing... I did this with my daughters phone a few times at no cost. Once I found the phone a 5 minute call to Sprint reactivated the line.

At least in the mean time all activity incoming or outgoing from the phone will be shut off.

hackedup

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My is kernel version now says 2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EL29-CL852097 it was on ek02 yesterday
Also my phone number and msid are different

I also have a prl 60683
An meid with a dec and hex that i can post if it will help lmk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My is kernel version now says 2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EL29-CL852097 it was on ek02 yesterday
Also my phone number and msid are different

I also have a prl 60683
An meid with a dec and hex that i can post if it will help lmk

That is the stock EL29 kernel version and the standard retail Sprint customer PRL. EK02 was the previous firmware version, so it sounds like you installed the EL29 OTA update. Or someone did.

Did you perform a factory reset on your phone? If not I would try that, and I would do it from recovery not from the phone menu itself. To do that ...

1) Power off your phone
2) Remove your SD card if you have one installed.
3) Hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
4) Continue holding the Volume Up and Power buttons until the Android System Recovery menu is displayed.
5) Once you are on the Android System Recovery menu, select the wipe data/factory reset option. Moving the selection up and down is done with the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. Once you have the wipe data/factory reset option highlighted, you select it by touching the Home button.
6) Once you have chosen the factory reset option, you will see a confirmation screen. Highlight the Yes ? delete all user data option and touch the Home button to select it.
7) The procees of wiping the phone should only take a few seconds and when it is finished, you will be returned to the Android System Recovery menu.
8) Highlight and select the reboot system now option

Your phone will reboot back into normal operating mode (this first boot will take a little longer than usual). Also, you will lose all system data but I'm guessing that's not a primary concern of yours right now.

Good luck.

shiftr182

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
All the apps you mentioned above are stock system apps. Your kernel version changed because Sprint just did an update not too long ago. MSID and phone number usually are different.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Usually those zombie phone apps install themselves in the rom /system partition and hide themselves from app management. They do this so they can survive factory resets, which only reset /data

I would just use the ek02 odin one-click to reset your phone.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1409634

Good to know. The only problem in this case is the guy doesn't have access to a PC right now. Maybe he should take it in to a Sprint repair center and have them reflash the entire ROM.

Edit - Or maybe mobile Odin if he can manage it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hackedup

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Usually those zombie phone apps install themselves in the rom /system partition and hide themselves from app management. They do this so they can survive factory resets, which only reset /data

I would just use the ek02 odin one-click to reset your phone.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1409634

hackedup

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advise
. i have reset this phone with the vol key 5 times or more. it doesnt help. immediately after confirmi g the wipe it scrolls a cross in red "backup enabled" all that changes are all my settings and contacts. it doesnt even remove the google acct.

I am pretty sure it is running a java middle attack with jar i can see all the files just as its described on wikipedia. i just dont know how to get it ofg every file i delete comes back through a hidden usb tether. I was able to remove the gmail account which ended up with 20 google apps attached to it, i only used gmail. i have insurance on it and i am considering just upgrading to something else. i love the phone this sucks. anyone have any last suggestions. Im using an app lock for now thats a pita but it seems to be working for now. i havent seen any new log files or call minites since i installed it.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advise
. i have reset this phone with the vol key 5 times or more. it doesnt help. immediately after confirmi g the wipe it scrolls a cross in red "backup enabled" all that changes are all my settings and contacts. it doesnt even remove the google acct.
Reseting using the vol key doesn't reset everything. It is more like a baby reset, just erasing your user data, but leaving places where black hat apps can hide.

If you have access to a PC, use the reset method I mentioned earlier. it is a more complete reset.

ElectroWiz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
A quick fix is a factory reset. You will go back to the status of when you first purchased it. Try to save any pictures of anything of importance to you before you do the factory reset though. Good luck.

Update: Sorry I did not see that you had already tried doing the factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress