blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
so i tried to put this rom on
[ROM] [Team Acheron] [GB27] Touched By S4 V2.0 updated 6/1/13 - xda-developers
(im stock rooted)
i went into mobile odin and flashed the el26 file
it restarted but never got past the galaxy s2 screen
i got into cwm recovery and did the jbx2 file (successfull)
then did the tbsgs4 v2.0 , it keeps telling me its aborted
so after doing that i tried the tbsgs3 v6.0 and got the same thing
then i went into odin on my computer and flashed el26 as pda and it said it passed but its still stuck on the s2 screen after 30 thirty minutes

i dont know what to do

thanks

jwhyte0118

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Stock rooted ics or jb? If ics Rom states you need a jb modem read posts on how to get it.
2. Read read and reread all posts before you do anything on you're phone.
3. Re Download your Rom. Gapps if needed.
4. After you flash the kernel ( verify kernel is compatible with Rom) don't reboot your phone normally you want to reboot to recovery to flash the Rom.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

jwhyte0118

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Additional. You say you flashed el 26 from pc Odin. I'm not positive but by that you mean your kernel correct? If so then make sure you don't check reboot on pc Odin you will flash it and then pull battery replace battery boot into recovery and go from there.

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Im on gb27
when i flashed el26 ( tells me to do this for that kernel and recovery im assuming) on odin forgot i had to uncheck reboot
so should i reodin el26 and pull battery then go into recovery and install jb x2 and tbsgs4 rom

btw could that be the reason that the tbsgs4 rom and tbsgs3 rom are telling me its aborted when i try to install them

jwhyte0118

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If Odin told you passed whether it tried to reboot or not it should be good. You could reflash just to be safe. When you are flashing your Rom are you flashing it from recovery? Install zip from sd card?

jwhyte0118

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I will say this again even though it's a little late. Before messing with your phone you always want to know what your doing with what your doing it and why.
Flashing the kernel gives you custom recovery cwm. With cwm you can create backups, restore backups, wipe cache and dalvik, flash custom Rom, gapps, inverted gapps, and any other zip designed to be flashed from recovery.
The Rom gives you the operating system you want to use and the gapps (google apps) give you the apps.

jwhyte0118

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to be condescending. But the op where you found the Rom is probably your best place to find all answers.

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
i kinda figured thats why most roms recommend el26 was for the kernel and recovery (which i can access recovery still)

i understand the things about recovery because i was using snipers pacman before i decided to go back to stock
so i wanted to try a touchwiz based rom so see the difference between a rom by a developer and a touchwiz rom

but i still dont understand why its telling me the rom is aborted when i try to install it even tho el26 obviously went thru (recovery)

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
these are the ops instructions

Download TBSGS4 ROM check MD5sum
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A JB MODEM INSTALLED! (preferably GB27)
Look for them here : http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...0)/Modems/JB
Flash EL26+CWM kernel/recovery or EL29 Direct boot kernel. links are located in the 4th post
then boot into recovery
Once in recovery run 2x wipe all script by TD here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2077277
This way you can fully wipe everything to include the /Preload folder as well
Flash TBSGS4 ROM
Reboot....you will have to wait almost 4 to 5 mins for it to boot. (be patient)
Set everything up

i did all of that
the only thing i can think of is that the md5 sum is wrong and thats why its aborting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leopeva64