Verizon Store Pick up

noturbizniss

May 17, 2012
Visit site
DO you have to activate in store when doing store pick up or can i take it home and activate? I ask because I am using tiered line to keep unlimited and want the tiered person to be without their phone as short as possible.

TIA

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When you buy the phone it will deactivate their line whether you activate the new phone fully or not. However, even though they say it's best to have the old phone with you it's not necessary. Once they finish the process of purchasing the new phone tell them you want the old phone activated back immediately in store.

I did this about two months ago with my dad's line and were on separate accounts so its completely possible. I didn't even have his phone with me.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

noturbizniss

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You mean when I pick up the phone in the store the other line is deactivated at that point? As opposed to delivery where it is deactivated only when I actually activate the new one?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You mean when I pick up the phone in the store the other line is deactivated at that point? As opposed to delivery where it is deactivated only when I actually activate the new one?

Yes, I didn't use In Store Pickup but I did ask about it for future reference and they said it would be the same process as in store. Granted, reps could be wrong but he seemed pretty confident in that. They have to ring the device up which according to them deactivates the line. This isn't necessary for full retail purchases but is for upgrades. Maybe your store can do it differently. You can always walk in and ask or give them a call to see details. I've found some stores do things differently. :)

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are upgrading on a line with an LTE phone already on it you will need a new sim card for the old phone once you put it back on the line.

I used my wife's upgrade to get an HTC one. He activated it on her line initially(which deactivated her sim card) then transferred it over to my unlimited line. I didn't have her phone with me at that store so I asked if he could just program a new sim that I could take home and swap out in her iPhone 5 and he said sure. This was at a corporate store.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you are upgrading on a line with an LTE phone already on it you will need a new sim card for the old phone once you put it back on the line.

I used my wife's upgrade to get an HTC one. He activated it on her line initially(which deactivated her sim card) then transferred it over to my unlimited line. I didn't have her phone with me at that store so I asked if he could just program a new sim that I could take home and swap out in her iPhone 5 and he said sure. This was at a corporate store.

Posted via Android Central App

SIM Cards don't have a one time activation anymore. They should be able to reactivate the old SIM card for her. I bought a Droid Maxx and activated it on my line. I had issues with it so I reactivated my Note II with its original SIM card that was deactivated for the Droid Maxx SIM. Once I got a new Droid Maxx I reactivated the Droid Maxx card and all was well.