Verizon raising the price for Unlimited Data Plan by $20 after November 15, 2015

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon to raise the price of unlimited data by $20 in November

Question is what happens if you go on contract again? Does the $50 go down to $30? Or does it stay at $50?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

people like us who still have unlimited should start complaining LOUDLY and hope Verizon will back off on the price increase... doesn't hurt to try, right? :)

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

This is the next step in pushing out UDP holders. I would think there are so few people still with UDP that VZW would just leave them alone. This actually makes me more determined to keep my UDP.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

people like us who still have unlimited should start complaining LOUDLY and hope Verizon will back off on the price increase... doesn't hurt to try, right? :)

You can find a list of executives here:
www-verizonwireless-com/aboutus/leadership/executive-html

Select an executive, click on "View Profile", at the end of the profile, click the "Contact" link
They can hear you now . . .

ScreenShot023.jpg
ScreenShot024.jpg

Last edited:

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

They announced plans to throttle, but scrapped them. Don't know if they said exactly why.

Does anyone know if any new phones come out between now and Nov 15?

bulabula

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, 18 years for me. Time to bail. I'm a 2-5Gb per month user, maybe I'll use my fi invite. Due to Vz's high cost, I've been testing some prepaid's lately with a Nexus 5. Tmo didn't work for me, but Cricket isn't bad. Maybe I'll try ATT this month.

Sent from either my Nexus 5/6/7

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

They announced plans to throttle, but scrapped them. Don't know if they said exactly why.

Does anyone know if any new phones come out between now and Nov 15?

I think the FCC threatened Verizon with legal action if it throttled.... Verizon did agree not to throttle when they received the band from the FCC, right?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, 18 years for me. Time to bail. I'm a 2-5Gb per month user, maybe I'll use my fi invite. Due to Vz's high cost, I've been testing some prepaid's lately with a Nexus 5. Tmo didn't work for me, but Cricket isn't bad. Maybe I'll try ATT this month.

Sent from either my Nexus 5/6/7

Cricket runs on AT&T's network.

Posted via the Android Central App

bulabula

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I know that, but thought I read where Cricket speeds are throttled compared to ATT. But quite frankly, my informal speed tests of vz and cricket often shows cricket is faster. I'm using a nexus 5 on cricket and N6 on vz.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the upcoming Microsoft Windows 10 phones like the 950 and 950XL (although currently it appears those two aren't coming to Verizon), and their ability to dock and act almost like a Windows PC, are what precipitated this.

Imagine having unlimited LTE for your PC for $50. This possibility gives me pause before going to another plan. I may stick with unlimited for a while, paying the extra $20, until i see how Windows 10 on phones unfolds. (Even though I average only about 2 GB, except in the summer when I might go to 4 GB in a peak month while on vacation.)

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
$20 increase doesn't seem to have "angered" many who still have unlimited data....

if we don't voice our objections right now, what's to stop Verizon from raising it another $20 in 2016... and another $20 in 2017?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
well, thats 40 bucks between me and my brother more a month, so that doesn't tickle me much. Now, we have a discount on our family's account because my mom is a teacher, I couldn't tell from the article, does that exempt us? Probably not I imagine. If best buy was doing a deal in which the frigging Note 4 wasn't still 300 bucks I'd strongly consider doing the best buy trick, but while its still 300 bucks I can't do it.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
$20 more a month for me to keep unlimited data? I good with that. I typically use 60-100 gigs a month so I'm getting my monies worth. Just hope I get to keep my $20 off Talk & Text Plus Data... Remains to be seen..

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If they do this I swear I set up our two phones on UDP to use crap tons of data constantly. I am off contract and will get screwed, I bought outright my Nexus 6 and my wife's droid turbo.

Just read:
Those with employee discounts, ECPD, CLEU and Government customers will not be affected. Nor will old plans from the Alltel days

I wonder if people with Veteran discounts will be impacted, I get 15% off for being a Vet.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
well, thats 40 bucks between me and my brother more a month, so that doesn't tickle me much. Now, we have a discount on our family's account because my mom is a teacher, I couldn't tell from the article, does that exempt us? Probably not I imagine. If best buy was doing a deal in which the frigging Note 4 wasn't still 300 bucks I'd strongly consider doing the best buy trick, but while its still 300 bucks I can't do it.
How much is the note 5 then???

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the upcoming Microsoft Windows 10 phones like the 950 and 950XL (although currently it appears those two aren't coming to Verizon), and their ability to dock and act almost like a Windows PC, are what precipitated this.

Imagine having unlimited LTE for your PC for $50. This possibility gives me pause before going to another plan. I may stick with unlimited for a while, paying the extra $20, until i see how Windows 10 on phones unfolds. (Even though I average only about 2 GB, except in the summer when I might go to 4 GB in a peak month while on vacation.)

I have unlimited lte for my house on both my verizon 4glte broadband router and jetpack with dock. Both have ethernet out to my Asus router

uploadfromtaptalk1444361995736.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Apparently 250 or 350, based on storage. Also, and this is going to sound silly, but what the hell. Is there any way I can simply tell Verizon I'll sign a two year contract, no new plan/phone, just keep going with the one I have? I'm not looking to leave Verizon any time soon, and if they get my business as a lock for 2 more years, thats fine, just dont raise my UDP 20 a month. Hell, I I barely use more than 12 gigs or so in a month tops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez