July 8, 2011 Google Maps update downloaded multiple times.

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if everyone, except those on Sprint, can send their data bills to Google for their latest Maps update that kept going to 99%, quitting then re-downloading the whole thing again?

Fortunately I'm on Sprint! I've no idea how many times the bleeping thing downloaded today. I turned on WiFi and it downloaded two more times before finally finishing and installing.

Can all the non-Sprinters bill Google for their automatic update that downloaded itself multiple times?

RobinM

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what you mean by 'data bills' but I updated to Google Maps 5.7 the other day, via WiFi, and it worked the first time - no need for a second attempt.

I am with O2 not that that is relevant in any way.

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If I was with a company other than Sprint, and some issue with Google's automatic update of Maps caused it to constantly give up the download at 99% and start over, and because of that it went over the data cap, causing me to be billed for the overage... I would not be happy. I'd be wanting to be reimbursed for that.

The latest Google Maps update is nearly 7 megabytes. I know my phone downloaded 99% of it multiple times but I don't know how many times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884