Why does wireless projection onto my TV work with my Huawei P20 Pro for YouTube but not Kodi?

Jimbob10123

Sep 25, 2021
Visit site
Why does wireless projection onto my TV work with my Huawei P20 Pro when I want to watch YouTube but not when I want to watch things through Kodi?

Hey guys,

As the title suggests watching YouTube on my TV through my phone is easy and there's no issues, but when I want to watch Kodi on my TV via my phone, it will go on for 20-30 seconds and then the TV will cut out and stop working. From that point forward my phone won't even connect to the TV...

I had zero issues with my previous Samsung phone with all this....

Any ideas on what I need to do apart from getting a new phone? 🤔😅

Many thanks

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure that Kodi worked well on your Android phone at that time?
Was the content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier?

Jimbob10123

Sep 25, 2021
Visit site
Screen mirroring is what it was called on my Samsung but on my Huawei it's called wireless projection, so yeah screen mirroring and it's not working. Do you no what I can do without buying extra stuff?

Jimbob10123

Sep 25, 2021
Visit site
Yeah it seems to not work everytime I do it, works for 30 secs or so, then cuts out.... I screen mirrored/wireless projection (huawei phone term for it) and it just doesn't work. Any ideas on what I should do?

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it seems to not work everytime I do it, works for 30 secs or so, then cuts out.... I screen mirrored/wireless projection (huawei phone term for it) and it just doesn't work. Any ideas on what I should do?

Did you achieve wireless projection with the stock feature of your Huawei phone, Kodi feature or some third-party app?

If it is the first, check the Huawei official help as below.
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us15384529/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non