The power button on my phone is extremely hot to the touch. The phone itself is not and the battery doesn't seem to be draining quickly. The phone usually doesn't lose much battery life overnight so it wasn't charging last night but this morning the battery was almost dead. I plugged it in for a short time and it charged to 33% and then I plugged it in again to charge at work but it never got to a full charge. I noticed tonight the power button was extremely hot. It cools down quickly when I do power off the phone but as soon as I turn the phone back on the power button gets too hot to touch like normal. What could be causing this? The phone is a Moto G7Power 2021 and I've only had it about a month and it has not been dropped or anything like that. Any help with this would be appreciated.
    12-07-2021 07:34 PM
    Welcome to AC!
    Never heard just the power button getting extremely hot , put the phone in safe mode see if still happening and do you have warranty on it ?
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    12-07-2021 07:55 PM
    I've never heard of this happening either and after googling can't find anyone who has had this happen. I tried safe mode and it didn't make a difference. When I turn the phone off the button cools down almost immediately. The button is hot enough that i have to use something over it to power it off. You would think the area around the power button would be hot as well but it's not at all.
    12-07-2021 08:34 PM
    I've never heard of this happening either and after googling can't find anyone who has had this happen. I tried safe mode and it didn't make a difference. When I turn the phone off the button cools down almost immediately. The button is hot enough that i have to use something over it to power it off. You would think the area around the power button would be hot as well but it's not at all.
    Yeah i would exchange it .
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    12-07-2021 10:27 PM
    Yeah i would exchange it .
    Yep that sounds like a short... that could potentially be dangerous. I wouldn't leave it on unattended
    belodion and mustang7757 like this.
    12-08-2021 02:27 AM
    Yep that sounds like a short... that could potentially be dangerous. I wouldn't leave it on unattended
    This. ^
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-08-2021 05:45 AM
    Unless you can get it done under warranty, just take it to a local repair shop and have then change out the power/volume button ribbon.
    12-08-2021 07:36 AM
    My phone is having exactly the same problem did you ever find out how to fix it?
    05-04-2022 08:58 AM
    My phone is having exactly the same problem did you ever find out how to fix it?
    Welcome to AC!
    They responded back , which device you have?
    05-04-2022 09:35 AM