When my Droid Pro will get Gingerbread ?

offom

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I got imported Verizon Droid Pro and I live in Turkey. Also I bought the phone second hand (probably unlocked with some kind of software). I did some things on the day I bought it, even installed Gingerbread manually and rooted it. Most of the time I was unable to receive calls. So I decided to do a factory reset. After reset phone began to ask for activation number that may be taken from Verizon. I don't know if first owner did this. I some kind of "by-passed" activation screen by touching the corners etc. After that I put in my own AVEA sim card. Phone found 2 OTA updates and I installed them effortlessly.

Here is my question:
Its told that Gingerbread update is being sent to Droid Pros officially as OTA. The date 31 May seems to be the day it started. Although my phone got 2 updates at the beginning, none of them is for Gingerbread.
Its 28 September and my phone is still 2.2.1 (Froyo).
Am I wrong about expected updates, is my phone wrong about saying its up-to-date when system update is controlled or is it Verizon ?
I'm confused, please help me on this not found official Gingerbread update :(

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
What carrier are you using this phone on? Is it on a Verizon service in Turkey? If it's not on a Verizon service you might not get the OTA.

Your other option is to see if there is a way to root your phone. then you can install Gingerbread yourself without needing the OTA.

offom

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is not supported here. I am using AVEA. In fact at the very begining phone found 2 OTA (about Kernel and so) with AVEA and installed them. So using different operator is not involved in this issue I guess. But Its not getting Gingerbread update I don't know why :(

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try manually loading 2.3 again and see if the problem persists. If it does, then it must be a carrier issue or the file may be to big to send via OTA off Verizon's network.

Reactions: offom

offom

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Before trying 2.3 how can I backup my not rooted phone's ROM ? I don't want factory reset in case I find same bugs as before.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The most you can backup is contacts, email and whatever else is Google related to their servers. SMS has apps that can backup text. Everything else can't be backed up, unfortunately. If you want to see which apps were downloaded then you can log into the Market via the web and see you history of downloads and enable the apps to be downloaded onto the phone via the web.

Reactions: offom