Google Calendar

crobinson710

May 15, 2010
Visit site
My mother owns a motorola droid. She has it because she works in two different offices and uses google calendar to keep track of her appointments. She has two different calendars under two different gmail accounts. When she wants to add or delete an appointment she opens the browser, logs on to whichever gmail account she needs to change the calendar on, then makes the change. She has been currently having issues with getting the calendar to show on the browser, and I was also wondering if there is a better way to do all this instead of having to use the browser. Is there anyone who has any kind of suggestion?

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there a option to "Share" calenders in Google.
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37082
From the Google Help Page
To share your calendar with specific users, follow these steps:

1. In the calendar list on the left side of the page, click the down-arrow button next to a calendar, then select Share this calendar. (Alternatively, click the Settings link at the bottom of the calendar list, then select a calendar and click the Share this calendar link.)
2. Enter the email address of the person you want to share your calendar with.
3. From the drop-down menu, select a level of permission, then click Add. (Once you click Add, the person you selected to share the calendar with will receive an email invitation to view your calendar.)

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to sync when entering the data from the device? My wife and I sync our calendar's, but when she adds a Doctor's appt on here phone it doesnt show up for me. It comes through perfectly for me when entered on a computer. Any ideas for help?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to sync when entering the data from the device? My wife and I sync our calendar's, but when she adds a Doctor's appt on here phone it doesnt show up for me. It comes through perfectly for me when entered on a computer. Any ideas for help?

Wow. I just assumed this would work. I read in the manual that you can't add a new calendar from your phone, but I assumed that an entry entered on the phone would sync to all the other shared calendars.

I'll be interested to see how this works out.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I just assumed this would work. I read in the manual that you can't add a new calendar from your phone, but I assumed that an entry entered on the phone would sync to all the other shared calendars.

I'll be interested to see how this works out.

So it sounds like a no go, huh. That is a let down.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So it sounds like a no go, huh. That is a let down.

Yeah, that is a major bummer. You can confirm that she is adding an event to a calendar that is shared with your main google calendar?

I believe it is standard that only your main google account calendar gets sync'd to your device. Could it be that she is adding an event to a calendar that is only shared with a different google account? When you log in online you are able to see all the different accounts in one view, but not on the phone?

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I wish that I could tell you how her calendar is set up with sharing with me and my calendar. I signed into my google calendar, but I forgot that I asked her to just make the changes online earlier today. So it is all fine now. I should check and see if I add something if she can view it and tell me what it is on her phone.

I added something from my phone so i will see if it shows up on her phone now. What I added on my phone shows up on the google website already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress