Looking for an app to change some sytem defaults?

tekjock

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a car dock and when I Dock it, the default car mode screen comes up and I LOATH it. IT is not google maps, it is the Verizon navigator.

I am now using Car Home Ultra - https://market.android.com/details?id=spinninghead.carhome, it is a great replacement.

What I want to be able to do is, change what comes up when I dock the phone. Is there an app that changes default apps for certain activity's. For example, I want Car Home Ultra to launch when I dock my phone in the car.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like something tasked might be able to do. Get it from the market.

Sent from my IHO CM7.1'd Optimus V using Tapatalk

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Can't you just choose Car Home as the default? When I docked my phone after having Car Home and native app on it, first time I for a screen to "choose default". Now it automatically goes to car home.

Also, in the native car dock mode,you can change and all apps you want. Delete navigation and install maps!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to go into Manages apps and select all. Look for VZ Navigator and select it. down at the bottom you should have a button for clear defaults. If you clear this, the next time you dock the phone it should ask you which app you want to use.